Chapter 4: To live/To be stronger

Naofumi:"Not me, them. We need some armor for them and light weapons to use."

Raphtalia looked at him with a hint of fear.

Raphtalia:"Why would we need a w-weapon?" She spoke in almost a whisper while rifana nodded shaking

Luciel:"Because tomorrow we're killing monster."

If both Raphtalia and rifana had [Prophecy] about now is when it's be activating

Raphtalia:"P-please no... *cough* I. I can't face those things. I'm *cough* weak! I'll die! I don't wanna die! I- *cough cough*.

Rifana just shook her head no while shaking like a leaf

Naofumi and Luciel bent to a knee. And put their hands on their shoulders. They knew this would happen, but better here than in front of a monster.

Naofumi:"Listen Raphtalia, Rifana" He began in his softest voice. They couldn't help, but pay attention. He brought up his shield.

Naofumi"You both see this shield? This is because I'm the shield hero" they were entranced by the shield, by the revealing of his hero status and by the softness in which he spoke.

The moment they saw that, Rifana quickly gasped in shock as she looked up to him with delight.

Rifana:"You're the Shield Hero!?" She asked as he nodded.

And the moment he did, she hugged him tightly, this made him a bit shocked. But as he soon heard her whimpers and shivering, he realized what she wanted.

He was a hero to her... One that was passed through the ages and more as it was the one she wanted to see in person one day. And with whatever happened to them that made put them into cells, it was so hard for them both to continue. They needed a hero and after so long... they were give to one.

Soon cries of remorse, relief and grief filled the air as Rifana cried. She wanted to say much more but her cries and whimpers made it hard for her to speak. The brothers knew this feeling well as he soon hugged her, letting the young demi-girl let her bottled emotions out.

Rapthalia was shocked to see her friend, someone who kept remaining strong just to break down like that. But when she saw the Shield Hero holding out his arm to her, to let her join her friend to finally release such emotions? She took it.

The tanuki girl began to tear up and cry as well before rushing over and hugging him alongside Rifana. Erhard could only watch with a soft heart knowing that these girls were finally given some freedom and hope as he left for a bit to let the girls grieve and recover.

Naofumi hugged the two demi-humans tightly, sharing his warmth and kindness to them both as he held them until they were satisfied while Luciel simply rubbed their heads to comfort them. Their cries were all that they needed to hear as well.

After a moment they stopped crying and let him go, their eyes now were red and puffy after releasing all their emotions.

Naofumi:"Better?" He asked as they nodded. Then Rifana looked at Luciel.

Rifana:"Master, who are you? I heard they said you were the shield hero brother"

Luciel:"that's right, I'm his older brother and the first fifth hero. I'm the Weaponless hero" he said surprising them, their parents never told them about a fifth hero.

Naofumi:"That means we're slaves too" They flinched and looked at him confused. While Erhart listened from a few feet away.

Naofumi:"We were taken from our home. This shield was forced on me. Because of it there are things I have to do and things I can't do no matter what. It's just like that crest of yours."