Chapter 3: Framed And The Slave Girls

"Talking"

"Thinking"

'Whispering'

[Status Magic or other reference to a system or power]

ESSENCE OF/SECRET TECHNIQUE

...

[Alert! Danger Imminent!]

He was once again alerted by this damn shield and noise in his head.

Naofumi:"Apparently, it's an alarm clock shield!"

Luciel:"Great, I have an alarm clock inside my head!"

???:"This is the city guard! Open up at once!"

Naofumi/Luciel:"WHAT!?" He ran over to the door and opened it as quickly as he could, "Is there a problem? We heroes aren't strong enough yet to-" as he opened the door the guard rushed in and grabbed him.

"Shield Hero! Weaponless Hero! You are both under arrest! You will come with us immediately!"

......

Naofumi and luciel were handled very ruffly as they were quite literally drug through the city, through the castle gates, up a lot of stairs and into the throne room. The whole time naofumi demanded to know what he supposedly did, but they refused to even look at him, let alone speak to him, but to his confusion luciel was silent the whole time. As they were brought before the king he was thrown hard to the ground while luciel simply shrugged of the guards. Naofumi tried to get a read on the situation. He looked around. No nobles, not a single one. Even his advisor wasn't present. A lot of knights, even more than he remembered. And then... The 3 other heroes and their parties.

Ren had his arms folded and was staring at both Naofumi and Luciel with disgust, his party all behind him none of them looking the brothers's way themselves

Itsuki was downright furious. He seemed angry at both of them, but maybe more the situation as a whole. His party was doing their best to calm him down telling him that things will be made right.

Lastly, Motoyasu. He and his team sat near the king. They were all gathered around Malty, doing their best to consul her. As they looked at Malty she was a miserable mess, crying and clinging to Motoyasu as if she'd be swept up if she let go.

Naofumi:"What the hell is going on here!?" he would normally try and leverage conversations for his benefit.

Luciel:"Why the hell are we being treated like this, huh? We demand an explanation!"

Not maliciously. No. He did this for the purpose of letting everyone leave the conversation happily. Now however? Naofumi was quite upset. His goals were not compromise, nor peace. If he was asked in this moment, he say he honestly had no goals at all.

Naofumi:"King, what happened!? They said I did somethi-"

Aultcray:"Silence!" The king boomed. His voice now was far louder than even yesterday. He really had the voice of a king. Even as upset as Naofumi was, he even grew quiet under that voice. "Shield hero. Weaponless hero. You both stand accused of one of the most heinous of crimes." He looked at the brothers with all the contempt he was capable of showing. "Though it may pain you, please recount those events..."