Epilogue.

I stopped the car in front of the wrought iron gates and waited. I knew the sentinels had been me the moment I entered pack territory and that they'd smelled that I was one of them. Whilst they could smell that I was primalupus, I didn't know if I still smelled like pack, after all these years away from them; more specifically hiding from them.

I saw only here now because of Sam.

Whilst she'd healed physically, with not so much as a scar, I knew that she was not okay mentally. I couldn't link telepathically with her, like soul-mates did, or pack mates did; as we were only a pair, not a pack. I could still feel how upset and agitated her wolf was. She hadn't shifted since that night, voluntarily. I knew that there was little I could do for her wolf on my own. A wolf needed its pack and to save Sam's mind, I would have to take us back to our old pack; back to what were once family. I knew the bonds of the pack and running with a pack who was her own, would help. She hadn't been with her new pack long enough, to establish the bonds deeply enough.

'Alpha. You've come home.' The voice resonated in my head, snapping me out of my thoughts and making me wince at hearing it again. A large grey wolf had stepped out of the woods and onto the gravel track, whilst I was lost in my thoughts. It had been silly to let my guard down and make myself so vulnerable, especially when walking into the wolf's den. The wolf stood there, staring directly at me. I met his gaze head on, not backing down and he eventually looked away to the side. Not submitting, never submitting.

"I need to speak to you regarding our daughter." He cocked his head to one side, before nodding at two other pack members. They came forth and after shifting back to human form, opened the gates.

'Well then come in. It's about time you paid your mate a visit.'

I drove slowly down the driveway, following the lead wolf, whilst the other two flanked the sides of my car. Looking into the back, I saw that Sam was still sleeping. It looked like the tranquilizer had been enough for now, but never the less her arms and legs were also bound. I didn't want her wolf freaking out, with how agitating it was lately and crashing about my car. Hopefully I would have a chance to talk with the current alpha, before she woke up. I needed to plead my case to be let back in to the pack, for Sam's sake. Unfortunately, I had never known the alpha, my mate to be the forgiving type. However if I was unsuccessful, Sam would eventually go mad from the being parted from her mate.