1

This phone call immediately did not like the owner of a spacious office located on the twenty-third floor of an office building in the heart of the business district of the city. She was a slightly thin girl with long brown hair with expressively lined brown eyes that were slightly reddened from constant work at the computer. She was dressed in a strict dark blue pantsuit and a white shirt, the collar of which was unbuttoned, revealing a graceful neck. The jacket was hanging on the back of the next empty chair opposite, where guests usually sat.

The bell rang at lunchtime, as soon as she brought chopsticks with Chinese noodles in sweet and sour sauce to her mouth. Someone very persistent didn't want her to enjoy her lunch. Why had Wendy transferred the damn call to her without telling her? Isn't the job of a secretary to perform her duties? Regretfully, setting aside the box, the girl pressed the button, turning on the speakerphone.

-I'm listening.

-Good afternoon, Miss Kim. I was recommended by your agency, they say you are one of the best in your field.- A confident female voice rang out in the office.

-That's right. Who am I talking to?

-I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself. My name is Park Boram, and our family needs your services. Could we meet to discuss a delicate matter?

Park? A familiar surname. Aren't these the Parks that own half of the city's print publishing houses, as well as several banks and a sports shooting center?

-You can come to the office at any time, except at night when I'm not here.

-I would ask you to come personally to our estate, as I would not like to attract too much attention. I promise that by disturbing the head of the Kim security agency herself, I will definitely reimburse you for the time spent.

The girl thought for a moment, but then dismissed all doubts. She was a very rich client, and it would be foolish to refuse the offer without even listening to her.

-Okay, dictate the address. When should I arrive?

-Whenever it's convenient for you, Miss Kim. And I would really ask you for privacy.

-Of course. You might not have warned about this. Will this afternoon suit you?

-Agreed.- Boram's businesslike tone sounded satisfied.

The brown-haired girl disconnected the connection and leaned back in her chair, putting her hands behind her head. For some reason, I didn't want to have lunch. She looked thoughtfully at the wall on which hung diplomas and awards issued in the name of Jennie, then picked up her mobile phone from the table and dialed the number of her deputy.

-Songmin, can you come in?

There was a knock on the door a couple of minutes later.

-Did you call? Why not through the secretary?- A tall young man with black hair asked. He was powerful, broad-shouldered, and seemed clumsy, but Jennie knew that the first impression was deceptive. In fact, Songmin, before becoming her deputy, served in the special forces and often took part in dangerous hostage rescue operations and the capture of gangster groups.

-Irene is inattentive today; most likely, she quarreled with her boyfriend again. Did you see the powdered bruise on her chin?

The guy frowned and nodded, sitting down in a chair.

-I would have dealt with him like a man, it's enough just to scare this bastard. But she doesn't ask for help and stubbornly pretends that everything is fine.

-Irene's bruises are none of our business, but lately her domestic problems have been affecting her work, and this is unacceptable. But I called you for something else. What do you know about Parks?