4

The next morning, when Jennie appeared in the classroom for the next lesson, Jisoo was already there, furiously typing something into the tablet.

-Hi, is everything okay?- She asked, sitting down next to her. The girl looked sleepy and tired, as if she had spent the whole night out of bed. Although, perhaps, it was. Looking at Jennie with red sleepy eyes, Jisoo nodded and, putting the tablet aside, yawned widely, covering her mouth with her palm.

-I'm okay.

-Something is imperceptible. Haven't you been resting at all?

-A couple of hours. I fell asleep before dawn.

-What were you doing there until morning with Signy?- The metallic notes that sounded in Jennie's tone gave her away. Despite the state in which the brunette felt completely broken and inattentive, she still determined what it was.

-Are you jealous?

Signy left after Rose made a video call at almost one o'clock in the morning. Her sister was clearly on edge — Jisoo hadn't seen her like this for a very long time. Something has happened. I had to ask my friend to postpone their joint affairs and send them to myself. She didn't mind, saying finally that she would finish with the mail herself, and they would discuss everything later. As soon as the door closed behind her, Rose burst into tears. In complete shock, Jisoo tried to calm her sister, angry that she was far away now and could not just go to her to be near at that moment.

-She did it again.- Rose cried, wiping her tears and not caring at all about smearing makeup on her face. Judging by the surroundings, she was still at the publishing house, there was an open bottle of alcohol on the table. Jisoo knew who could bring her to such a state and, slamming her palm on the table, cursed furiously to herself. Boram, fuck! She didn't want to upset her sister even more, and she had to swallow all the swear words threatening to escape from her mouth.

-What has she done this time? I thought it was over since I had to go to Forestville. She swore she wouldn't interfere in our lives anymore.

-If she could keep her promises...- Rose said bitterly.- She hired security, and without asking my opinion.

-Security?- Jisoo was wary. A heavy unpleasant feeling squeezed my throat.- Are you in danger?

-No, nothing like that! A brick fell on my car recently, but it was just an accident. And now Boram has taken advantage of this opportunity to try to control me again!

-Wait, are you sure it was an accident?

Jisoo was tormented by bad forebodings. It's one thing when Boram starts her offensive campaign, which you can fight on your own, and it's quite another thing if someone unknown is trying to harm her sister. Rose glared at her. The tears had dried, but the eyes were still red and swollen.

-I'm sure it wasn't an attempted murder. If someone was going to hurt me, he wouldn't throw a brick at the car while it was in the parking lot, but threw it on my head. Are you even listening to me? That's not the problem at all!- The girl raised her voice.

-I'm sorry, of course, I'm listening to you. Are you outraged that Boram hired security without telling you anything?

-No! I am outraged that she hired the only person to guard me, before whom I am ashamed to this day, because it was him I left in a hospital bed, and because of her!

-Because of me, you mean?- Jisoo said softly. Songmin. The man she loved and was going to marry. After she left him, there was no more room for a serious relationship in her sister's life.