5

Jisoo nodded.

-Of course. Few people know about this. Just a few initiates. Signy, Rose is my sister. Now you.

-But how did you manage to hide it from everyone?

The girl shrugged her shoulders, sending another portion of food into her mouth.

-"Sunrise of Autumn" appeared as a hobby. I used to always draw on canvas. I didn't have the opportunity to do this at the clinic. All I had there was a pair of pencils and a thin notebook. When I returned home after treatment, I completely lost faith in myself. Rose gave me a graphics tablet, which was just lying around for a while. And then I ran away from home in an attempt to start a new life and took him with me. I thought I would find Sierra and we would be fine, and when it turned out that she didn't need me at all anymore, I decided that I could handle everything on my own. That's when I became Red Nate.

Jisoo was silent for a while and Jennie poured her a glass of sparkling water. There was no alcohol on their menu today. Park was preparing for an athletics competition, and the whiskey that they drank on one of the first days of acquaintance was the last. They felt good in each other's company and without strong drinks.

-I drew in my free time. One of the guys with whom we rented a room together saw the drawings and, saying that I had a talent, advised me to post them on a well-known website for artists. I quickly gained popularity there. Orders were showered, for which I got a little money. This allowed us to stay afloat. I paid rent from my salary, and managed to save money from orders to make a separate website for myself. This is how the "Sunrise of Autumn" appeared.

-But why did you come home?

Jisoo put the box of food on the table and leaned back against the pillows. She liked to tell Jennie about herself. This was the only person who was genuinely interested in her, rapidly gaining trust. And even though they hadn't known each other for so long, she felt safe with her.

-Boram had no difficulty finding me and taking me by the throat.

-Did she threaten you?- Jennie frowned. What's wrong with this woman? The more she learned about her, the more she revealed the worst side. Is there really not a drop of kindness and sympathy in her?

-She couldn't force me, because I was already of age, but she pressed in a different way.

-In what way?

-My other sister Rose was very ill then and didn't say anything on purpose, although we were in touch all the time. Boram said she was on the verge of death, and if I didn't come, I might never see her again.

Jennie mentally estimated the time of the incident. Rose had already broken up with Songmin at that time and was alone.

-How serious was the disease?

Jisoo's face took on a strange expression. A cross between a grimace of pain and sadness. This question clearly plunged her into the past, which she did not want to remember.

-Breast cancer. And she didn't tell me. I just freaked out that I didn't know anything.

Jennie stood up abruptly, wanting to go outside and take a breath of cold air, but instead walked around the table and sat down next to the girl, taking her by the hand.

-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked.

-It's not your fault.- Jisoo shook her head.- Rose was lucky that the tumor was discovered in time and removed, although she had to recover long and hard after that. She is still at risk, examinations are carried out every six months, but my sister is a fighter, and she is not so easy to knock down.