Full Of Change

Chapter 31: Full Of Change
Remus: Phases Of The Moon

Remus John Lupin is a fascinating wizard. There was just something wonderful about him.

He was the kind of kid you never really noticed until you noticed him. He hid in the background and stuck to the books. But he was bright and brilliant and eye catching. One look at him and you'd never forget his face. 

Remus Lupin was a boy that was obsessed with his studies. Every single one of his fears revolved around his studies and he had good reason.

He was a boy, forced into silence, hidden by the new moon, with no one to help him cope. Without a friend until eleven, only books could keep him company. He grew with books, allowing the characters to teach him lessons on friendship and love.

He was a boy, hoping for change, peeking out from behind the crescent moon, with eager eyes and a wide smile. Bright faced, at eleven, he has met a few boys. Quick to become best mates, he is no longer alone, books may not be his only friends, but without good grades, he fears he may be expelled.

He was a young man, breaking free, releasing himself from the bonds of the half moon, with loud laughs and sparkling eyes. Now fourteen, he was having the time of his life. He is happy, close with his mates. But with each prank, he fear his grades may drop, and he might not be accepted another year at this magical school.

He was a young man, letting go, freeing himself with the waning moon, happy and excited and loving every moment. He is sixteen, and the world is lovely. With the best mates he could have ever asked for, standing right next to him and everything working out the way he wants it to; life is going pretty great. He is no longer afraid of losing this, because his best friends have made it clear, nothing can separate them.

He is a young man, finally free, embracing the full moon, wild and free. Happier than ever, he is sixteen and finally free. He is happy, happier than he could have ever been, and not a day goes by that he doesn't think about what his life would be like if he didn't know James, Sirius, and Peter. I don't think I can stress how happy he actually is.

And then it changes.

He is a man, hoping for change as the waxing moon shifts away from his good fortune. He is seventeen, and a real-life villain is taking over. He thinks back to his books, hoping for a hero to come and save the day. He is fierce and ready to fight, ready to win.

He is a man, being held back, along with another half moon. He is conflicted, and then it happens. Good times are flooded with bad as Mr. and Mrs. Potter are murdered. He is hurt and lost and unsure of the future.

He is a man, locked down with chains, as the crescent moon takes over his life. He joins a side, ready to help the war effort. He is a double agent, infiltrating the werewolf covenant, hoping to be a big help. Yet, all he gains, is a shadow over his head. Now nineteen, he is alone for long periods of time as he searches for information. He feels lost, searching for the light at the end of the tunnel, and sometimes he feels like there isn't any light to find, but then it happens, his friends come to save him. His crescent moon still has a sliver of light, that light being James, Sirius, and Peter, even if he only sees them once every month.

He is a man, forced into silence, with the new moon covering him. A complete cycle has left him back where he started. He is twenty-one, alone and lost and afraid. James is dead. Peter is dead. Sirius is a traitor.

He is a man, now alone and he doesn't know what to do. James is gone. Peter is gone. Sirius is gone. He feels cold inside and how is he suppose to get over that? His best friends, his only friends, they are gone.

He turns back to his books. The old characters that were once there for him are still there, they welcome him back when he returns. And for a second, Remus is happy, he wonders why he ever left his books. And then he is sad again because he remembers that no book can ever compare to his friends.

The Three Musketeers have nothing on The Marauders.

-----------------------------

Hello everyone! How are you all? I hope everyone is good and I apologize for the wait.

How did you like it? I know some of you are not fans of this writing style, but no worries, it's all over now. Starting with the next chapter, it will return to the plot of the story. I only thought it would be fair for you to get an insight on each of the boys as they change completely starting their seventh year of Hogwarts and I thought it would only be proper for all of you to know this. How fair would it be if they change and you get no explanation?

Anyways, do tell me what you think!

Comment, vote, share, fan, and follow! Much love!