Questions Answered

Chapter 3: Questions Answered
-Bex p.o.v.-

"If your mum doesn't kill us, I'm going to kill you." I glared at James as the police officers shoved us into the backseat.

James shushed me, "don't speak unless we need to," he muttered, sliding in next to me. Sirius got in next while Remus and Peter were taken to a different car.

"You do know, Prongs, that they will be questioning us." Sirius informed to James with a roll if his eyes and a flick of his hair.

The drive to the police station was stiff and awkward. I sat as comfortably as I could while being crammed in a small space with two tall, lanky, muscly boys. It was hard, but I made it work.

We were escorted out of the cop car and into a holding cell, Remus and Peter were already waiting for us. "Prongs, I'm going to kill you."

"You wouldn't, because then it would mess up your perfect record, Moony." James grinned his lopsided grin.

"I'm not worried about a perfect record," I smirked, "I'll definitely kill you."

Our cell went quiet as the barred door swung open. A fat man in a uniform stood there with a file in his hands. "Ariana Dumbledore, how nice to have you back. You know where the questioning room is."

I smirked, "see you there." I walked out of the cell and down the hall, not waiting to see if he was following me. I leant against the wall outside of the familiar door named 'questioning room one'.

The police man opened the door and gestured me in, then motioned me to sit in the usual chair. I sat down in the hard metal chair, leaning back on the back two legs.

"So, Ariana Dumbledore?"

"Just call me Bex." I smirked, "so newbie, where's old Davis? He always questions me."

"Officer Davis is not available today, he's at home with a family emergency." The fat man explained, not looking at me, but more at my file.

"Ah, yes," I nodded. "I heard his daughter was having a baby. Send him my congratulations, will you."

"I will," the man nodded slowly, glancing back at me quickly before looking down at the manila folder once more. "I'm not the one who will be questioning you today. They are searching for someone as we speak, I'm just hear to look through your file and then give a report on how trustworthy you seem. That will then determine whether we have to question the others or not. If you confess, and I find it to be believable enough, you will get off with a minor punishment."

"How minor of a punishment?" I questioned through narrowed eyes, "Davis has only ever given me a night in the holding cell."

"The biggest punishment you will get is to spend the weekend here, and your friends will have to as well." The man explained, scratching at his balding head.

I pursed my lips, "fine. I'm ready to confess. But only to Davis."

"Officer Davis isn't available at the moment. You'll have to confess to the officer they bring in." The man spoke, he seemed to be a bit nervous in my presence, glancing around the room, he never made firm eye contact with me.

The door suddenly opened and someone was shoved in. The old man stood quickly, muttered a good luck to the man, and then fled the room, leaving my file on the table. The man was much younger than the one that was previously in with me. He looked about twenty five years old, and handsome. He had thick black hair and dark brown eyes. He looked at me skeptically but sat down in the chair across from me.

I silently watched him.

He cleared his throat, setting his legal pad and pen down on the table next to the open file. "So you're the notorious Bex?"