A Series

Chapter 21: A Series

-bex p.o.v.-

Sirius liked going places. I'm not sure why, but he enjoyed being out of the house, in a foreign place. My best bet was that he had been stuck in an awful place for most of his childhood and liked not being stuck anymore.

Sirius liked adventures. I didn't really mind, but it was a mystery. He enjoyed doing things that not many people would think of doing. He explores things and spends his time examining something of interest before moving on to something new. It may be because nothing was ever explained to him as a child; only commands and never explanations.

Sirius liked dates. To be completely honest, I had no probelm with that fact besides my curiosity. He liked taking me places and going on adventures. Maybe because he spent hours of his life growing up with only his younger brother to talk to.

Maybe that's why Sirius was the way Sirius was. Years of being forced to believe in one thing, to think one way, to close off all other options, to become as narrow minded as all of the other self-righteous purebloods he had been around; it can change someone. It can force them into a way of life, a thought process they might not be able to escape.

I was glad Sirius found his way out.

-

Sirius liked going places. Sirius liked adventures. And Sirius liked taking me on dates.

-

The monday after our date Sirius was already ready for a new one. "Morning Gorgeous," he greeted me as I walked into the kitchen. Sirius was always the first one up.

I smiled sleepily, with my eyes squinted from the brightness of the sun coming through the window, I could hardly see him. "Morning," I mumbled while rubbing at my eyes. When my vision finally adjusted to the light I found Sirius smiling at me. "What are you smiling like that for?"

He shrugged, "I just am."

I looked at him curiously but allowed for his answer to be enough. We went quiet for a moment and it felt nice being able to sit in silence with him and still be comfortable.

"Gorgeous?" His smooth voice interrupted the silence, "how do you feel about another date with me?"

I smiled. "I think that would be nice."

So we went on a date. He took me to a muggle movie, something James said lots of muggles do together.

-

Tuesday, only one day later, he asked me on another date.

I laughed as we sat across from eachother at the table. The waitress had just left, promising our drinks to us within a minute or two.

"And how are you enjoying yourself?" Sirius asked.

"Amazingly, thank you." I returned his warm smile.

The waitress came back, just as promised, our drinks in her hands. After placing them down on the table, she got our food orders and left us once more.

When the food was ready and delivered to our table we were left in a peaceful silence at last.

-

Wednesday morning came with another request for a date. Sirius grabbed my hand as soon as I was finished getting ready and pulled me out of the door. The walk was quick, and when Sirius stopped, we stood in front of a wooded area.

"The woods?" I asked, tilting my head back in order to see the tree tops. "Really?"

"Come on, go on an adventure with me?" Sirius grinned, urging me to agree.