Itadori - Walking Pace (Fluff)

Itadori always tries to match his walking pace with y/n, making sure he isn't too fast for her. Y/n notices right away how their walking pace is similar, which made her curious whether or not he was just slow as her. "Itadori, are you really this slow like me or are you just walking slowly to match my pace?"

Itadori grinned at her as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm really a slow walker. Even Nobara has been telling me to walk faster when I am with her."

Y/n smiled in delight at his words. "I'm glad there is someone who walks as slow as me! I'm more used to people getting annoyed by my slow pace, so it's nice to have someone who doesn't."

"Me too," Itadori smiled back at her as he was glad that she wasn't able to see through his lie.

However, the secret was not hidden for long as y/n happened to see him walking in twice or even thrice the speed they normally walk together. This caused y/n to be confused as she remembers clearly what Itadori has told her and how they were always at matching pace whenever they walk together.

She wasn't in confusion for long as she understood that Itadori has been matching his pace for her and even lied to prevent her from feeling bad. This caused her to feel bad that the first thing she did when she saw him was to apologize. "I'm sorry, Itadori! You really didn't have to match my pace and even lie about it... I'll try to walk faster from now on! It must have been really bothersome for you..."

Itadori covered the lower half of his face with the back of his hand, attempting to hide his blush as he replied, "I don't mind... I like walking slow with you..."

When y/n tilted her head in confusion, he quietly added, "That way, I can spend longer time with you..."