Remains of the past

I pushed open the door to the Headmaster's office and stepped in, Harry following close behind. No lights were lit in the room. The moonlight fell through a ceiling window, illuminating the room just enough to see something. I remembered the last time I was here. It was still full of life back then. Candles were lit, the fireplace crackling, and the room smelled like old books and sandalwood. All of that was gone now.

I looked towards the closet where the Pansieve was stored in. As if the room knew what we needed, the doors to the closet opened and the Pansieve's holder floated forward. Harry took the Pansieve from its stand and threw it up. It was now floating in the middle of the room.

Harry took the flask with Snape's tears that he had obtained from Hermoine and unstoppered it. He poured the contents inside and a black swirl could be seen in the Pansieve. Harry shortly looked at me and without saying anything, we dove in.

Black mist swirled until it created a clear vision. Two girls were standing on top of a hill. One was ginger, while the other was brunette. The ginger-haired girl opened her hand. There was a flower bud in her hand. It blossomed. The girl looked up at the brunette, awaiting her response. The brunette slapped the flower out of her hand.

"Freak!" She cried. "Come here. I'm gonna tell mommy. You're a freak!"  The brunette called. In distress, the ginger-haired girl ran off. The brunette followed, who I assume was the girl's sister, shouting at her sister. "You're a freak, Lily. You're a freak." She continued shouting.

The girl, Lily, had stopped running and had stopped next to a tree. She was looking at her sister, sadly. As her sister continued shouting, a boy with black hair emerged from a hole in the tree. He seemed attracted to the commotion.

When the brunette saw the boy she ran off, presumably to get their mother. The boy observed Lily before picking up a blade of grass. Without saying a word, he lifted his hand and the glass blade flew over to Lily. Lily lifted her hand to catch it. The two smiled at each other. Lily realized she was the same as him.

The landscape shifted, and the two were now by a lake. "She's just jealous. She's ordinary, and you're special." The boy said to Lily. "That's mean, Severus."  She said to him. So this boy was Severus. A very young version of him.

The scene shifted again, and the scene of Lily getting sorted into her Hogwarts house appeared. She smiled and hopped off the chair. She looked shortly towards Severus before walking to her table. Severus looked back at her as she introduced herself to someone. His name was James.

The scene shifted once more. Lily and Severus were walking together through a hall, as two Gryffindor boys rushed past them, causing Lily to drop her books. It was James and one of his friends. He looked back towards the two, smiling evilly. He seemed to be getting a rush out of bothering them.

The scenes started shifting faster. Harry's parents dancing together in front of a fountain. Professor Trewlany talking about one of her prophecies. Voldemort the night he returned. Voldemort's voice hissed his name.

"No, don't kill me."  Snape called.

Snape was now visible. It was dark, I could not make out where he was. "The prophecy did not refer to a grown woman," It was Dumbledore. He was behind Snape. "It spoke of a boy and a girl, both born on the same day at the end of July." Dumbledore told Snape.

"Yes, but He thinks it's her son," Snape replied. "He intents to hunt them down and kill them." He continued. "Hide them. Hide them all, I beg you." Dumbledore was silent as he observed Severus. "What would you give me in exchange, Severus?" Dumbledore asked. "Anything." He replied.