five

Elena awoke in her bedroom to the television in her living room playing

Elena awoke in her bedroom to the television in her living room playing. She stretched and got out of the bed, heading in the direction of the noise. She smiled when she reached her destination and saw Maria and Kelly sitting on the couch watching Dora The Explorer, while eating cereal.

"Mama." Maria smiled and ran over to Elena. Elena smiled and lifted her into her arms, kissing her cheek.

"Morning baby. Morning Kelly. Did you sleep well?" Elena asked her.

Kelly smiled and nodded her head, "Yeah. I did. Thank you." She informed her. 

"You ready for your first day at a new school?" Elena asked her.

"I guess." Kelly nodded her head as she stood up from the couch with the two bowls in her hands.

"Um, do you want to go visit Alex today?" Elena asked her.

"Sure." Kelly said as she placed the dishes in the sink.

"Maria, why don't you pick out your outfit for school today and I'll be in to get you ready." Elena informed her daughter. Maria smiled and ran down the hall in the direction of her room.

"We don't have to if your not ready." Elena informed her.

Kelly sighed as she looked up from the sink, "I know it's stupid. I should be ready to see my little brother, but after everything that happened. I just don't want Alex to feel like I don't love him anymore." She told Elena.

"He doesn't feel like that." Elena assured her.

"I don't know. Maybe you could go. Feel it out first and then come back and see if it's the right thing for me to do." Kelly asked her.

"Yeah, I'll do that." Elena nodded her head just as her phone began ringing. "Diaz. Okay. I have to drop the girls off to school and I'll meet you and Temperance at the lab." Elena told her partner before hanging up.

After everyone was ready they were on their way. Elena buckled Maria into her booster seat. She placed her backpack on the seat next to her and then got in the drivers seat. "I'm not a fan of the uniform." Kelly informed her as she pulled the skirt down.

"It'll get better, I promise." Elena assured her.

"Thank you so much Ms.Diaz, for doing this." Kelly gave her a smile.

"It's nothing Kelly. I see myself so much in you." Elena told her as she drove down the street.

"Oh, so you've had your brother accidentally kill your boyfriend. You've had to raise your brother since you were a kid?" Kelly joked with a laugh.