Chapter 6: Study Group

Tachibana POV:

What is happening to me?!?

My heart seems to beating faster when I'm near Ayanokouji-kun. It's like when I'm near Horikita-kun. Is Ayanokouji-kun the same as Horikita-kun?

It can't be! No one can be seen as an equal to Horikita-kun.

Although, Ayanokouji-kun is similar to Horikita-kun. They're both have this quiet and mysterious aura and eyes that observed everything and everyone around them.

The reason I don't want to report this to the student council is because it might trouble Horikita-kun. Some people may report this incident to the student council, but if I do, Horikita-kun will have to deal with my troubles personally.

Horikita-kun had always led our class to victory. That's the reason why our class is always in Class A. Because of that, our classmates relied on him. That reliance had kept Horikita-kun busy and made him trustworthy. Horikita-kun's trustworthiness and hardworking attitude made me appreciate and admire him. The burden of Class A became his sole responsibility along with the duties as student council president.

Horikita-kun, I'm sorry...

Sorry about my over reliance on you. I'm sure the rest of Class 3A feels the same way.

The troubles that I caused you...

No. I'll deal with myself. There's no need for Horikita-kun to get involved.

Good thing Ayanokouji-kun have evidence about this. I can use it against that pervert.

This reminded me of my past and why I always a stickler of rules and authority.

**Flashback (9 years ago)**

I was 8 years old. I lived in a relatively normal childhood, but my parents are quite strict and traditional. I lived in one of those traditional Japanese homes that have been renovated.

I was taught to follow the rules, respect the elderly and those that are older than me, and lastly to place my trust and respect to those who deserved it. My parents also have high expectations for me and expected me to exceed academically.

Because of that, I've been a stickler to the rules especially when it comes to school. I studied vigorously and became a honor roll student with top grades in elementary school. My classmates in elementary school would describe me as strict, stern, and "by the book". I followed the school rules to the letter and often reprimand my classmates and other students for not following the rules even if it's just a minor rule break. For example, my school doesn't allow skirts to be shorter than a certain length, but there was a trend going on in the school where girls modified their skirts to be 2 inches shorter. It was very fashionable and I was very tempted to do it, but refrained myself. Instead, I told my teachers about it and the trend got banned. This caused my fellow classmates to isolate me.

It all changed when I met a certain girl. This girl lived in my neighborhood. I've met her about 2 years ago and we've became friends. We couldn't continue the friendship because we were in different classes, but we were put on the class when I was 8 years ago. Her name is Eguchi Naomi and she was my best friend who was my childhood friend. After the whole skirt incident, she was the only girl in the class that still treated me as a friend and did not isolate me. She stayed with me and often tried to include me in girl's activities with the other girls.

Naomi was a carefree girl that liked having fun and enjoy her youth. She's not a major rule breaker, but broke minor rules that are not very important. She was quite popular and friendly towards our classmates. After hanging out with her, I've began changing. I've become more friendly and tolerable about people breaking rules. Of course, it's minor rules that doesn't hurt anyone. My popularity and happiness soared through the roof because I was with my best friend, living out my youth.