2

Kimchi POV

            I was seated in the lecture hall preparing for my notes for today's session. My best friend , Duk Joong nudged my shoulder and I rolled my eyes.

              "I'm not lending you my notes Kim Duk Joong."

                "Please Chi Yeol," he whined like a child , "I couldn't attend last week's classes for a reason and you know it."

                   I grinned at him , "what's new? "

                  The both of us were third year engineering students but even back in high school Duk Joong was always lazy to write down notes let alone study , only he knew how he passed his CSATs and how he had managed to be at SNU without repeating a course.

                 "annyeonghaseyo," Nara greeted us as she walked into the class and we all greeted her.

               "Hey Nara," I mumbled to myself , Lee Nara is the most prettiest  girl on campus with her wavy brown hair and calm eyes and not to forget smartest in our intake. She was an A+ and always fastidious with her studies because I would always find her studying in the library or elsewhere. I was sure I was smiling doppiley.

               Nara smiled at us, "guys , this is my friend , Do Soo Cheol," she gestured to a very handsome guy next to her who smiled and bowed at us , "he just transferred from the US to study here."

               Alot of murmurs went around and Soo Cheol smiled , "like Nara just introduced me ," the two smiled at each other and I automatically frowned , "My name is Do Soo, I'm an engineering student like you guys , I just returned to Korea recently and I hope we all get along."

                     The others started clapping and I reclutantly did too along with Duk Joong - it was obvious Soo Cheol was a people's person because he just had hat cool aura around him and I could see alot of my course mates were instantly swayed with him by.

              He was barely focusing in the lecture , all he could pay attention to how Nara and Soo Cheol were sliently chatting away giggling and joking around. I wished I was confident enough to get close to Nara , even if it wasn't as her boyfriend but friend it would be just as nice.

                     "Are you jealous?" Duk Joong teased me as usual , the fool knew about my crush on Nara.

                     "What are you talking about ?" I pretended not to understand him but he gestured towards Nara and Soo Cheol.

                 "As far as I can tell , they seem pretty close. Do you think they are dating?"

               "I don't know."  I surely hoped not , Soo Cheol was way more handsome than me , in fact more handsome than any guy here , if he liked Nara I had no chances. I adjusted my glasses.

       "Imagine this ," Duk Joong scoffed , even Hana looks interested in him he pouted ; Yooh Hana was Duk Joong's crush and although she rejected him on more than one occasion he still liked and pursued her. " We are all dead meat if Soo Cheol is pulling all the girls."

                "Yup ," I mumbled noting a good majority of girls checking the new student out.

                "Kim Chi Yeol and Kim Duk Joong,"  the professor glared at us , "is whatever the both of you discussing more important than the lecture."