8. Blow!

╔══♡══╗

Several days had gone by, perhaps even a week, since their last interaction. Minghao found himself grappling with a greater sense of turmoil than before.

Nabi's intentions remained a puzzle to him. He couldn't comprehend why she had requested death when logic dictated she should be pleading for her life.

Why hadn't she attempted to break free from the torment that had engulfed her like an onrushing tempest? Her behavior left Minghao deeply perplexed.

Confuesd by her actions, he struggled to grasp her motives. Nonetheless, the incident they shared led Minghao to question if something was amiss.

He framed the dilemma as follows: if Nabi remained oblivious to her father's betrayal, she was bound to endure considerable pain.

Yet, her facial expressions told a different story altogether. Was it fear, disgust—or perhaps an overwhelming sense of terror?

His perception of the situation was quite different. In his day-to-day dreams, everything played out in a contrasting manner.

The actuality before Minghao was difficult to come to terms with. He believed that the individual responsible for his sister's death should be humbled, seeking forgiveness on bended knee, rather than desiring their own death.

Even more troubling was the fact that Nabi showed no interest in food, water, or anything else – her sole desire was her own death.

This was not how things were meant to unfold, and Minghao couldn't shake off the worry that his strategy might falter. What gnawed at him even more was the unsettling possibility that he could be mistaken about Nabi.

It was conceivable that his sister's killer was living a quiet, undisturbed life.

During the recent days, it was Dokyeom, Seungkwan, and Joshua who attended to Nabi's needs. The rest of the group couldn't involve themselves in this matter.

Having been with Minghao from the start, they couldn't fathom extending assistance to someone who might be responsible for his sister's death. If, indeed, she turned out to be the one who took Min's life.

Certainly, the trio of members understood the immense pain that Minghao had carried since the tragic loss of Min when he was just 14 years old.

However, they also recognized that if Nabi wasn't provided with at least a daily sandwich, her life would be at risk.

The consequence of her death would alter the flavor of Minghao's quest for vengeance.

Letting out a sigh, Minghao found himself once more at one of his clubs, taking a drink, perhaps seeking a brief respite from his thoughts.

Within the members' residence, a heavy silence hung in the air. Not a single laugh or even a lighthearted joke, like the kind Jeonghan often cracked to uplift Dino's spirits following the loss of his hamster, Pogi. It was as if even those moments had evaporated.

Yet, this profound calm wasn't solely attributed to Pogi; it emanated from the presence of Nabi, and more significantly, from Minghao.

The group could discern the profound impact the entire situation had on their friend, observing how deeply he was affected.

As the rest of the members retired to their rooms, preparing for sleep, Joshua remained in the kitchen.

His gaze was fixed upon the cake Mingyu had prepared earlier , with the belief that it might bring some solace to the prevailing atmosphere.