22. No way back

——— ≪ °✾° ≫ ———

Feeling the urgency of the situation, Nabi's heart raced as she weighed her options. She knew that time was of the essence and she needed to act swiftly. The approaching cars left her with a choice: to flag down a car for help or to find a hiding spot. With her adrenaline pumping, Nabi's mind raced through her possibilities.

Panic surged through her veins, but she knew there was no turning back. She glanced around, searching for a potential hiding place nearby. The forest provided some cover, but she needed to act fast. The sound of the approaching engines grew louder, pushing her to make a decision. Taking a deep breath, Nabi's instincts kicked in. She made a quick decision and dashed toward the edge of the road, crouching down in the bushes at the forest's edge. She held her breath and prayed that she wouldn't be spotted.

As the cars approached, their headlights scanned the area, but Nabi's quick thinking and her concealed position worked in her favor. The cars sped past her, and Nabi let out a sigh of relief, grateful that she had managed to evade their notice. She remained hidden, catching her breath and waiting for the sound of the engines to fade into the distance.

Once she was sure the cars were gone, Nabi cautiously emerged from her hiding spot. Her heart still raced, but a sense of accomplishment washed over her. She knew that she had made the right decision to hide, buying herself some precious time. With a renewed determination, Nabi continued on her path, navigating the forest with the goal of putting as much distance between herself and the members as possible.

Little did she know that her journey was just beginning, and the challenges ahead would test her courage, resourcefulness, and resilience in ways she could never have imagined.

Navigating through the forest, Nabi's determination propelled her forward. With each step, she tried to gauge the direction of the earlier cars and their possible connection to the city. The terrain was uneven, and branches occasionally brushed against her, but she pressed on, driven by the urgency of her escape.

Guided by her intuition, she made her way toward the area where the cars had arrived. She moved as quietly as possible, her senses on high alert for any signs of danger. The dense trees provided cover, and Nabi kept her eyes peeled for any glimpse of civilization that might indicate her proximity to the city.

After what felt like an eternity of walking through the forest, Nabi's perseverance paid off. She noticed a break in the trees ahead, revealing a clearer path. As she cautiously approached, her heart quickened. Peering through the foliage, she caught sight of a distant road and the faint glow of streetlights in the distance. Relief washed over her as she realized that she was indeed heading in the right direction.

With renewed energy, Nabi quickened her pace. She carefully maneuvered through the undergrowth and emerged onto a dirt road. The sound of distant traffic reached her ears, confirming that she was getting closer to the city. Her exhaustion and fear were momentarily forgotten as she felt a surge of hope. It was a long road ahead, but Nabi was determined to reach safety and reclaim her freedom.

As she walked along the road, she kept her senses sharp, aware that the members might be searching for her. The city lights beckoned, offering the promise of refuge and the chance to finally escape the clutches of her past. With each step, Nabi's resolve grew stronger, and she knew that no matter the obstacles ahead, she would fight for her chance at a new beginning.