36. Fragile Plea

₊˚ ✧ ‿︵‿୨୧‿︵‿ ✧ ₊˚

Nabi found herself trapped in a recurring nightmare, one that felt like a cruel echo of the events from a week ago. If she thought those were bad, the current situation with Jeonghan was proving to be even more rough and aggressive than her previous encounter with Minghao.

As Jeonghan moved his lips against hers, it was as though he had fallen into a trance, oblivious to the fact that the person beneath him was none other than the one he despised the most—the supposed murderer of Min. In that moment, the overpowering grip of lust seemed to dictate the turbulent currents of his emotions.

His kiss crashed upon her with a fierce intensity and roughness, as if every one of his nerves had erupted to the surface. Once more, Nabi was thrust into the painful role of the victim.

His grip on her wrists was vice-like, as if it were a dam holding back the flow of blood through her veins. Meanwhile, his other hand tightened around her neck.

Pressing his body against hers, he appeared oblivious to Nabi's frantic attempts to break free from this nightmarish situation. If he had noticed her struggle, it seemed entirely likely that he would have persisted, unyielding to her desperation.

Her sobs emerged muffled, her body contorting with a desperate force as she sought an avenue of escape. Yet, the futility was evident – a stark reality that Jeonghan's strength stood leagues above her own.

The kiss persisted for several more minutes, Jeonghan's hand that had been wrapped around her neck gradually descending, exploring her body.

However, a sound abruptly shattered his entranced state, yanking him back from the depths of his reverie and grounding him in reality.

"Yes, hyung, I'll be there in 5 minutes. I just came to check on her," Minghao's voice resonated from the other side of the door.

Hearing Minghao's voice from beyond the closed door, a wave of relief washed over Nabi. "Please, save me," she thought urgently, her silent plea echoing in her mind as she yearned for Minghao to hasten his entrance.

Jeonghan disengaged from the kiss, his gaze locking onto hers. He lingered, mere inches from her face, his eyes capturing the sight of her teary orbs, frozen in a moment of profound observation.

Retreating from her swiftly, he gestured for her to remain silent, his index finger coming to rest against the very lips that had kissed her so roughly mere moments ago. The touch lingered for a brief, charged instant.

Nabi, still sobbing, scrambled to her feet with urgency. However, as she reached the edge of the bed, a sudden wave of dizziness washed over her, forcing her to sink back down. She clutched her head in her trembling hands, her sobs now subdued to quiet, trembling whimpers.

Jeonghan's gaze remained fixed on her. In stark contrast to Minghao, who had vented his frustration by pounding his fists into the walls after his forceful advance, Jeonghan displayed no hint of remorse. His unwavering stare remained trained on her form, his ears attuned to the sound of her quiet sobs echoing in the room.

Lowering himself to her level, he leaned in close and whispered with a hushed intensity, "Quit your tears."

Minghao's voice persisted from beyond the door, the call persistent, so Nabi's tears continued to flow.

Growing increasingly frustrated by Nabi's inability to obey him, Jeonghan's voice took on a darker, threatening tone as he warned, "If you don't stop those tears, it will only worsen for you. Never forget, we share the same roof. I can resume what I initiated at any given moment."