Derailed (TV Concept - 2014 Drama)

This was a show I had that ran starting in 2014-15 on Thursday nights at 10pm on my Liberty Television Network, a division of PLS Media.

10:00pm DERAILED (NEW) 1.27 avg
A serial like Under the Dome or Heroes that seems to have a loyal following and is building. The little guy against the big government machine seems to be pulling people in. The fact that it is beating Elementary (CBS) in the ratings must really pick at the Columbia people. It looks certain for a season 2 at this point.

It then returned for season 2 at the same time slot for 2015-16 season, Thursday at 10pm. However, by May 2016 ratings had gone down to 167th out of 181 network TV shows. It had finished the previous season with a 1.25 rating

Drama (Suspense)

In the middle of a late October night a train derails just outside a Pennsylvania town causing a chain reaction including a fire that burns almost half the town, and threatens a disaster as it spreads toward a fertilizer plant just outside the town.

Joshua McKnight (Corey Stoll) is a hard nosed and stubborn family man who was once a foreman at the fertilizer plant but was fired when times became tough and he was too pro-union and pro-safety for the owner's liking. The past 5 years since that moment have been tough for the McKnight family as Joshua tries to keep steady work while becoming more bitter and disenfranchised. McKnight is now known as a bit of a town nut, for his paranoid beliefs around government and big business collusion.

Joshua has a god-fearing wife Nellie who loves her family and the Lord's work equally, and two teenage children (fraternal twins). Jessica is a chip off the old block from Joshua and is starting to see the world from the same tinted glasses, and Jackson who is the high school starting Tight End and just wants his Dad to lay low so he can enjoy all the benefits of small town high school stardom.

The McKnight family home was spared the wrath of the disaster but the town's Sherriff Kyle Danzer was not so lucky, as he lost his house in an explosion and lies in the hospital with a coma. The deputy sheriff Phil Turner is assuming the role currently of sheriff but there is an election scheduled in just a month and Danzer's only competition on the ballot is Joshua McKnight.
The town is now being besieged by the federal government as both FEMA and the National Guard have moved in to assist in keeping law and order and restoring the town's infrastructure. Of course Joshua McKnight with his anti-big government bias and vendetta against the fertilizer company see's conspiracy and cover-up everywhere, which is only heightened when the feds bring in a private security firm with ownership ties to the railway.

The head of the security is Dane Coolridge (Gerald McRaney), who is not only mysterious and overbearing but also a former friend and fellow Navy Seal with Joshua McKnight's father Paul McKnight.

Gerald McRaney as Dane Coolridge
Corey Stoll as Joshua McKnight

Warner Horizon Television