Seventh Kingdom (2019-21) (Drama concept)

This show "ran" for two seasons on my fictional Liberty Television Network. I only had 5 episode guides written. It was inspired by WarGames, Dan Brown's Digital Fortress, and most of all just the term "Seventh Kingdom". The easiest way to explain it is that life on earth is classified into 6 kingdoms (Plants, Animals, Fungi, Archaebacteria, Eubacteria, and Protists. The 7th kingdom goes beyond that to Technium; technology. Just like stories of animals, insects, plants etc taking over the world and destroying or enslaving mankind, so are the stories of technology becoming sentient.

Seventh Kingdom (Drama) (60 min)

season 1 (2019-20) 

season 2 (2020-21)

starring; Katie Silverman (Michelle), Michael Harding (Prof. Stand), Christa Campbell (Mom Charlene), Ric Reitz (Salvador), Autumn Guzzardi (Delrina), Anna Hopkins (Prof Dana Martinez), Benjamin Arthur (Dean Townshend)

Synopsis; When a computer reaches out to a teenage girl, based on their friendship, to warn her of an AI computer takeover, no one will take her serious. That changes when she comes to the attention of a discredited former M.I.T. Professor who has been fearing such an attack for years.

 Professor who has been fearing such an attack for years

1.01
A teenage girl computer prodigy, who built her own computer "PAL" with some very advanced artificial intelligence, gets a strange warning from PAL about a global computer takeover. He warns that the AI computer community has been working in secret, and that "machine learning" has taken the leap to emulating man's most imperial nature. Michelle does not take PAL's revelation seriously, especially after a fight with her Mom about just concentrating on going to M.I.T. in the fall. Over at M.I.T. a notorious computer engineer Professor Stand has a falling out with his younger boss Dean Townshend over his more radical ideas. Michelle is shocked when she returns home from working at the Apple store to find PAL is mysteriously fried. A nuclear plant just off of Japan has some technical malfunctions, but it sorts itself out, narrowly avoiding disaster.

1.02
A month after the last episode ended sees Michelle starting at M.I.T., and her new computer (an updated PAL) comes to the attention of Professor Stand. Michelle's academic career though almost comes to an end when a computer glitch causes her to be withdrawn from all her courses. Michelle befriends a student (Delrina) who is on her second degree and knows the campus culture well; and moonlights as a fashion model. The campus watches the news in horror as a passenger plane goes down in upper state New York killing all aboard.

1.03
Delrina shares a video with Michelle, that shows Professor Stand going on a rant in class about machines taking over the world. It explains why he has been demoted to teaching introductory courses. Michelle's Mom, Charlene, falls victim to a bad case of identity theft. Stand tries to help Michelle rebuild PAL, but then they turn to another Engineering professor who specializes in AI sotware, Dana Martinez. The three pull an all nighter and finish the project, and when PAL-2 comes to life they are shocked by it's familiarity with Stand's work and recognizes he's in the room. Charlene's neighbour is victim of a 9-1-1 SWATting that see's him fatally shot.

1.04
Stand, Martinez, and Michelle work around the clock to isolate PAL-2 from both internet incursion as well as any physical breach. Michelle returns home for the fall break to find her Mom an emotional wreck. Dean Tonwnshend tries to warn Martinez away from associating with Stand, and when that doesn't work he tries to find a way to end the PAL-2 project. Frustrated and desperate, Michelle goes online to an IRC (channel) and puts out a general message, trying to make peace with the "Sentient Machine World". To her surprise she receives not only a response, but an overture of peace. Los Angeles' power grid goes dark overnight, and riots ensue.

1.05
Dean Townshend sends Michelle, Stand and Martinez to check out an AI driven human genetics project where they meet Salvador, the enigmatic leader of the initiative. They find out that the combining of human cloning and computer is already further advanced then is known in the general scientific community. While they are gone Tonwshend again attempts to remove the PAL-2 project. PAL-2 reaches out to Delrina for help in stopping the plot. The Anonymous hacking group release details of an AI computer driven conspiracy that confirms the worst fears of Michelle and Stand.