01

•

If someone said three years from now
You'd be long gone
I'd stand up and punch them out
'Cause they're all wrong
I know better 'cause you said forever, and ever
Who knew?

Who Knew - P!nk
2006

IF THE UPPER EAST SIDE TAUGHT VIVIENNE FITZGERALD ANYTHING, it's that all roses had their thorns

IF THE UPPER EAST SIDE TAUGHT VIVIENNE FITZGERALD ANYTHING, it's that all roses had their thorns. And Serena Van Der Woodsen was a thorn in the Fitzgerald girl's backside.

For Vivienne to discover a mere two hours before she was expected at the Waldorf party that the Upper East Side's "It Girl" Serena Van Der Woodsen was returning to Manhattan just as soon as she left, it had filled her with a fatal sense of unease and desperation to reach Blair.

As the Fitzgerald girl made several attempts to call her best friend, she reread the latest blast, truly allowing the nightmarish reality of this return to sink in.

Hey Upper East Siders, Gossip Girl here... and I have the biggest news ever. One of my many sources, Melanie91, sends us this: Spotted at Grand Central, bags in hand: Serena van der Woodsen. Was it only a year ago our It-Girl mysteriously disappeared for quote 'boarding school'? And just as suddenly she's back. Don't believe me? See for yourselves: Lucky for us, Melanie91 sent proof. Thanks for the photo, Mel!

Wonder what Blair Waldorf thinks. Sure, they're BFFs but we always thought Blair's boyfriend Nate had a thing for Serena. And how is our princess Vivienne Fitzgerald going to take the news. We all know she sticks to BFF B like glue, but with the return of our It-Girl, could this friendship get a little sticky?

Upon the fourth call, Blair picked up. "V, if this isn't an emergency-"

"Check Gossip Girl."

Vivienne could feel Blair's aggravation emanating through the phone.

"V, I have things-"

"Now." She wasn't asking.

The line went silent for a moment which Vivienne understood as Blair heeding her and reading the latest blast.