02

•

'Cause I need time
My heart is numb, has no feeling
So while I'm still healing
Just try and have a little patience

Patience - Take That
2006

IF HISTORY IS INDEED WRITTEN BY THE VICTORS THEN VIVIENNE FITZGERALD WAS JUST THAT

IF HISTORY IS INDEED WRITTEN BY THE VICTORS THEN VIVIENNE FITZGERALD WAS JUST THAT. She had been declared the victor of this first battle between herself and Serena Van Der Woodsen since the latter's return.

Many had witnessed the affairs of last night and took note of Serena's fleeting stay at the Waldorf party, and how Vivienne had sent her back down the elevator just as soon as she had arrived.

She had seen Gossip Girl's blast subsequent to the party and had received countless texts from both minions and aficionados praising her from banishing the It-Girl.

Viv thought herself above the juvenile gossip detailed in the blast - diamonds had no concern for the coal.

Phone in hand, she made her way to the elevator, reviewing once more the blast from the night before.

This just in: V is for Victorious. It's time to update the scorecard 1 - 0 to our diamond because word is S left B's party in under 90 seconds and didn't even have one limoncello. Why'd she leave? Why'd she return? Send me all the deets. And who am I? That's one secret I'll never tell. You know you love me.

xoxo Gossip Girl.

Viv may have thought herself about the gossip, but that did not mean she would abstain from maintaining a regular upkeep of knowledge.

It would be impossible to help Blair rule Constance without knowing everything about everyone.

She may not have been Gossip Girl with the limitless tip sources the anonymous broadcaster had, but even she had enough sources and connections to stay thoroughly connected.