05

•

You can try to resist
Try to hide from my kiss
But you, but you know you
Cant fight the moonlight

Cant Fight The Moonlight - LeAnn Rimes
2000

Hey Upper East Siders,

I bet you're wondering what Gossip Girl is doing up so early. Truth is, I never went to bed. Why waste precious time dreaming when waking life is so much better? Is there really anything better than a lazy Sunday? Reading the paper in bed, sipping coffee. Scrambling an egg or two? Yeah, right. We Upper East Siders don't do lazy.

Breakfast is brunch. And it comes with champagne, a dress code, and a hundred of our closest friends...and enemies. Chuck's dad, Bart Bass, is hosting the annual brunch for his foundation alongside long time business partner Amelia-Kate Fitzgerald. Everyone is invited. Well, not everyone.

THERE WAS NOTHING MORE THAT THE MANHATTAN ELITE LOVED MORE THAN BRUNCH. Exquisite foods, ridiculously expensive champagne and the most decedent donations to charity.

The annual Bass foundation brunch was enough to make the affluent socialites in attendance seem like decent people.

It was an elegant extravaganza that hosted the greatest titans of every industry and heirs to dynasty far older than the Empire State Building.

Other titans might come and go, but it was a truth universally acknowledged that Amelia-Kate Fitzgerald was here to stay.

Our own Czech titaness had immortalised herself in real estate and hospitality history, and today she was co-hosting the annual brunch for Bart Bass's foundation.

And while her daughter had been expected at the Palace hotel by 9 am to see her mother, she had chosen to ignore the co-host's request and spend the morning with her friend.