MY TOP 10 APPLYFICS ON THIS APP AND WHY

Guys I set myself up for this one. Damnit. This is gonna suck. 

*Phew* Okay. 

Get your hats on, guys, because this is gonna be rough. I will have Much Grief TM about this. If you're hurt about not being on the list, or being low on the list, trust me. It hurt me more. 

Also ignore the bad pictures/screenshots of the covers. I tried, and I failed. 

Here's some criteria: 

1. I've been accepted to them. It kinda goes without saying, but I'm also really bad at reading books when I'm not involved. Yes I'm self-centred it's fine. 

2. There's more than one chapter. Sorry, to all you baby applyfics, but you won't be on this list today. (For now, wink wink.) All these books will have 1+ chapter, and yes I'm counting prologues. 

3. My ratings will all be justified (perhaps poorly), but will be some mishmash of world building, plot, writing, and (as I am self-centred, see no. 1), what role my OC had in it. So. Be warned. This whole book is going to be alarmingly biased. 

So. Here we go. 

Please kill me gently. 

NUMBER 10
Playing Monster by Coruscant_Cosmonaut

Playing Monster is such a good applyfic, it kills me to put it at 10

Playing Monster is such a good applyfic, it kills me to put it at 10. But alas, here it goes. Don't worry, Coruscant_Cosmonaut, you'll have more on the list *coughs in RITF*. I loved every character that was applied with, especially Esfir, because it was such a good take on the Darkling needing a daughter, and the themes that explores with Alina's relationship with him. 

The writing, as always, is impeccable. It's funny, it's fresh, and it's always engaging. Plus you always end up with those one-liners that hit me like a truck, and it's always a delight. 

The amount of thought that I can see that went into this was incredible. You always have your books so well planned out, so it wasn't a surprise, but the way you kept in with the show, and even added the exact dialogue was fantastic. Weaving in the OCs' thoughts with the canon characters' words is just such good use of working with what you've got. I was blown away, and so in love with everything. 

The way you wrote Mingxia was perfect, too. She was spunky, funny, absolutely monstrous, just how I imagined. I loved her dynamic with Kon, and honestly, talking Crows and Alina with you behind the scenes was just so sweet to me. It felt like talking about our children, and it was so lovely. 

NUMBER 9
Aphelion by lvejackson