I'm Obsessed (and Finally Organized)

Okay I already talked about this on my message board but honestly, I'm so excited about it. Bless Google Docs for their UNDERSTANDING. THEY KNOW. THEY KNOW WHAT WE NEED AND THEY LOVE US. 

Sorry. For context, I finally figured out how the outline feature on Google Docs works. (If you want a tutorial let me know, I'd be literally ecstatic to share.) And I've been using it to write my latest applyfic, The Sinners of Ketterdam. Which you should read if you're looking for a fic because it's gonna be fuuuun! 

Anyway, shameless plug aside, I just wanted to share the joy. It's literally so perfect. You have no idea. You can make chapter titles Heading 1, and then put scenes/sections within that chapter as Heading 2. This way when you're trying to remember what you wrote, you have little markers within each chapter. 

Also, each heading can COLLAPSE. So it saves space! And makes things easy to find! And is BEAUTIFUL! 

Honestly, it's genius. And it's so helpful for a various amount of things, not just writing. I mean, can you imagine the in-depth character sheets you could make with these? WITH DROPDOWN MENUS?? GUYS! THE CHARACTER SHEETS! THE OUTLINES! THE PLANNINGS! 

Can you tell I'm having fun (and that I had a lot of coffee). 

Anyway, that's my PSA. A strange thing to post on my spam book after not writing here for like seven years but oh well it is what it is. 

Also if you made it this far, here's a screenshot of the outline of my cut scenes doc (for Sinners of Ketterdam, yes). So lucky you, you get to see what could've been! It'll make zero sense but that's fiiiinee. :) 

And yes it's just Oskar and Emmeline

And yes it's just Oskar and Emmeline. So far. For some reason (and no spoilers) their first chapter was like, really hard to write. Not that I was lacking inspiration, but I just wasn't sure what direction to take it. I'm not even sure I like the way it's going so far, but we'll see. 

Guesses as to what the cut scenes are about? :D  You won't be able to. They're so stupid you won't believe it. 

Also, Google Docs and Sinners of Ketterdam related, I have a fun lil thing I'm excited to tell y'all about! I'm not gonna make a big announcement about it because I don't really feel like it (and idk why I just... don't? This is enough for me :3). I might've talked about it before (I actually-- I have but whatevs).

I'm going to give you guys the finished SOK Google Doc, once the story is done. It's all pretty and formatted (and has like a super cool outline feature so you can jump to your favorite parts and chapters without having to scroll like wow that's so cool omg) and it'll be nice to have! It's just a fun lil bonus thing. 

I can also leave commentary on Google Docs, which is SO fun. Like, I can on Wattpad, but it's uglier and not as interactive, in a way? Like comments are a whole separate window, when on Docs it's just a lil thing on the side. So that'll be fun for an info dump/walk through of the writing process! (Also perhaps inserting links to the cut scenes at appropriate times so you can see what might've been!) 

Anyways, that's it from me. Hope you guys are having a good week (esp if you're on spring break!) and enjoying life! 

Xoxo, Lyds