Tempest, I'm Always Here.

So I am constantly plugging other people's works in this book, but honestly, what other use would it be for? :D I love introducing people to people.

I'm sure you've heard me rant about Oil, curiosityanddreams, but I don't know that I've mentioned the one and only Magnus (ceaseless-watchr).

The three of us are usually up to no good, but the one wholesome thing we've managed to create is Tempest and Darlington. They still need a ship name, by the way. Darlingest? Tempington? Wow that's terrible.

Anyway, they're characters from Defeatism, one of the most suspenseful but adorable applyfics you will ever read. Definitely check it out, it's on Oil's page. Tempest is Magnus' baby, and Darlington was my appropriation of Leigh Bardugo's Darlington. Spoiler alert, they end up together, and they're beautiful.

All this to say, I can never stop thinking about these two. Like, ever. So I made them a playlist, and I'm going to break down 10 of the songs that I put. Keep in mind, there will probably be more songs added much later, and most of these songs are purely vibes. But let's get into it!

Also, spoilers to Defeatism ahead!

001. Budapest, by George Ezra

"My house in BudapestMy, my hidden treasure chestGolden grand pianoMy beautiful castilloYou, ooh, you, ooh,I'd leave it all

My, my hidden treasure chest
Golden grand piano
My beautiful castillo
You, ooh, you, ooh,
I'd leave it all

Give me one good reason
Why I should never make a change
And, baby, if you hold me
Then all of this will go away.

If you just say the words
I'll, I'll up and run
Oh, to you, ooh, you, ooh
I'd leave it all.

My friends and family
They don't understand
They fear they'll lose so much
If you take my hand
But for you, ooh, you, ooh

I'd lose it all."

I mean. I MEAN. C'MON. This is basically them in a nutshell. I mean, Darlington wouldn't be cut off from his family because of Tempest, but I imagine that was one of her biggest worries about letting him be the father of her baby. That Darlington would get cut off from his "friends and family" that "don't understand" and would regret choosing her for forever. But for Darlington, he's ready to risk it all, because that's just the kind of person he is. He'd have given up everything about his rich white boy life to help her. They're just so *mwah*.

I also think the song's vibe is very much a blend of the two of them. It's a little more chill and laid back, but also kinda funky and playful, which is very much how I see their relationship. It's calm and understated, but still vibrant.