🐬prologue🐬

⚠️ ALL COPYRIGHTS RESERVED⚠️

⚠️THE FOLLOWING STORY IS CONSISTED OF MY WORK AND PURELY FICTIONAL! DO NOT PLAGIARIZE OR STEAL MY WORK! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!!⚠️

~September 2019~

~~~

"AJ, you don't have to do this," Rumÿuni sniffled through her tears as she watched the man she fell so desperately in love with pace back and forth from the bedroom they shared together. There he was messing with his heavy armory of guns, placing them in black duffle bags. She watched helplessly as he grabbed his 2 twin Desert Eagles and cocked them back, stuffing them in the waistband of his black Amiri jeans.

"Adolph, please just talk to me. You don't have to do this alone.."

Adolph threw his head back and sighed heavily. As much as she were hurting about this whole incident, he were too feeling the same way but he opposed of showing his true feelings in the moment. Let alone, showing any at all.

"I done already made my mind up. You not rollin' wit me this time, shawty. It's too dangerous," He said nonchalantly, zipping up the duffel bags and placing them by the bedroom door. "You stayin' hea' and that's that on that."

"It's not fair, AJ! You've been taking me with you all these other times and now it's different? What are you hiding from me, Dolph?!"

"I'm not hidin' shit, Mÿuni! Fuck!" His voice boomed out, causing her to flinch. He rubbed his hand down his face and walked over to her. Lifting her chin up with his index finger, Adolph looked into her soft but hurtful orbs. Seeing her in so much distress was taking a toll on him. He never meant to catch feelings for her, but the way she carried herself, he couldn't pass up on the opportunity.

"I know this isn't the best way to go 'bout this, but I need you to trust me. Havin' you wit me 24/7 is gone turn you into a bigger target to the Italians just by being associated wit me. I can't have that on my conscience if somethin' was to happen to you 'cause of me. I gotta shake these crooked ass feds and D.A off my back and duck off from the mob until shit die down. I won't be gone long. I swear on my life I'ma come back to you in one piece, Rumÿuni," He expressed genuinely kissing her forehead.

Rumÿuni's eyes started to flood with more tears as she let his words process in her head. She couldn't fathom the thought of being away from Adolph for a long period of time. The distance might be something she could handle, but when Adolph told her that he would have to cease all communication with her back home for protection purposes, her heart shattered into more pieces than ever before. Because nobody would ever know when Adolph will make his grand appearance again for a while.

Not even Adolph knew when he would be coming back. Only time will tell.

"AJ, I don't- I don't think I can do this," She spoke in short shallow breaths. Her head fell into his chest as she began to breakdown once more. She didn't know what she was going to do without her other half beside her.

"Aye, aye, aye. Stop allat cryin'," He wiped her face that was drenched with salty tears. Her light honey skin complexioned face held a hint of blush red within her cheeks as she sadly stood there as he cleaned her face. "It's killin' me too, baby. Trust me, it is. But I know you can hold it down back here at home. That's why I'm giving you the keys to my kingdom foreva."

Adolph went to the dresser and opened the drawer, retrieving 3 red velvet boxes. He then closed the drawer and turned around and handed his hand out to her

Rumÿuni grew confused as she looked at the red velvet box. "AJ, what's this?" She asked.

"Open it." He simply told her. She gave him a look but went to open it away out of curiosity.