All Around Me

I can feel you all around me

Thickening the air I'm breathing

Holding on to what I'm feeling

Savoring this heart that's healing

***********************************************************************

Le Time Skip~ Two months

"Shay!" I hear behind me.

I turn slightly, only to have someone leap onto my back. I giggle, "Johnnie, what are you doing?!"

Johnnie and I miraculously became best friends. It was a great feeling to have a friend. He gets off of me, allowing me to turn around fully to see him grinning wide, with a glint in hus eye. "Guess what?!" He chirps.

"You're coming out?" I snicker playfully.

His face drops playfully, "Why must you be so mean?"

I do a (pathetic) hair flip, "Because I am absolutely fabulous. Now what do you need?"

"Bryan is coming to visit with me and my mom in a week, so you can finally meet him in person!" He jumps up and down on the spot.

We had Skyped with Bryan a few times. He was really cool, and hilarious. He is really convinced that Johnnie and I are "meant to be". I kinda chuckled at that. I had started having a huge crush on Johnnie. He was so nice and cute and just so...ugh. But he would never like a girl like me. Hey, but a girl can dream, can't she? "That's great!" I smile.

We started walking towards first period, successfully avoiding Justin and his gang. Let's just say he was not happy about me kicking him. And Kiara...she's still the same bitch. I've learned to ignore her though, with Johnnie's help. Yes, I sound like a normal seventeen year old schoolgirl with a crush, Johnnie this, Johnnie that, but in the short amount of time we knew each other, we became best friends. And I was so happy and grateful for that. I have been clean for two weeks, the longest I've ever gone since I started.

As soon as we walked into Art, I was greeted by Mr. Singleton. We had been having the afterschool art sessions. We found out that I was really good with oil pastels, so I used those frequently. I've always wanted to be an artist. "Hello guys!" Mr. Singleton chirps. "How's your morning?"

"Fine," Johnnie says.

"Have those guys been bugging you two again?" He frowns.

I shake my head, "No sir, we're fine."

His smile is replaced at my words with a certain light in his eyes, "Good! By the way, Shay, I want to talk to you after class if it isn't too much trouble."

"Sure," I smile, walking with Johnnie to our seats in the back. I took out my notebook to drae some more, like I always did. "What are you doing in that mystical notebook now?" Johnnie asks.

I smirk at him, "It's a Death Note. I'll write your name in it if you don't shut up."

He pokes my shoulder lightly with a puppy-dog face, "You wouldn't do that to me, would you?"

I laugh out loud, gain unwanted attention. I blush a furious red when I see people staring. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Justin saunter over. Fuck, just when I thought we could avoid him for a while. "Hey faggot," he says to Johnnie, ruffling his hair.

I grit my teeth at his actions. He knew that one of the only ways to get to me was through Johnnie. He told me just to ignore it though, that he could handle it. Maybe he can, but I can't. "Oh, Fraiser, I got a very interesting phone call."

I roll my eyes, "Really? I so want to hear about it." I snap, my words dripping in sarcasm.

He smirks at me as he gets in my face, "You should. I had a little talk with my cousin. You should know him. Bradon Hayes."

I freeze at his words, my blood running cold. No...he can't...he can't be his cousin. Johnnie notices my distress and steps in, "Leave her alone."

Justin ignores him, "Y'know Fraiser, he told me a lot. Like the feisty little girl you used to be. But that you were also so sweet."

My eyes widened in fear. I thought I was leaving that all! "What is he talking about, Shay?" Johnnie murmurs.

I can't answer him. I want to so I can tell him to ignore it, but my voice was choked. Actually, I was choking. I couldn't breathe. I knew a panic attack was coming on. The only thoughts that were running through my mind were about him. I was terrified. Justin leans in closer, whispering in my ear, "He said that you loved it, Fraiser."

That's when I lost it. I pulled a fist back and slam it in his jaw. It wasn't just him. My muscles were going out of control. I slipped out of the chair, pulling my knees to my chest on the dirty floor. I could distantly hear people yelling my name, but I couldn't react. I was shaking like crazy and my breathing was out of whack. I was rocking back and forth, trying not to pass out.

I felt someone pull me to their chest. I didn't fight it for the simple fact that even in this state, I knew only one person would try to calm me down like this. I clutched onto the front of Johnnie's sweatshirt, gasping for air. The world around me was getting hazy and I couldn't hold back the darkness anymore.

So I just welcomed it, at the same time, I welcomed the fact that hell was going to start all over again.

******************************

I'M BACK BITCHES!!!!! I plan to satrt having some normal updates again so this story is officially OFF HIATUS!!!!!! *cheers from iCarly in the bavkground*