Somethings Gotta Give

Oh! Wake me up

Saying nothings enough

I'm dying to live

Somethings gotta give

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole flight was...awkward. I had my headphones in the whole time while Mom was sitting in silence. She occasionally turned, wanting to say something, but didn't want to intrude. I stared out the window, imagining what everything in San Jose will be like. Miami was hot, so I can handle heat. It's just...people. I never had any good experiences with people. Will they be nice? More likely, there will be assholes. I sigh internally. Leaving one hell to enter another. Fantastic.

In the car, Mom stops me from putting my earbuds in, "I want to talk to you."

I sigh internally once again. I was exhausted. I didn't sleep at all on the plane ride, so I was slightly irritable. She hesitates, obviously worrying on how I will react at what she needs to tell me. "So, I am married." She starts. "And he has money."

"I know Mom," I tell her. "Don't worry, I won't be snobby."

She shakes her head, "No, that's not it. The reason he has money..." she pauses. "He's a producer at a record company."

A record company? Mom went for a producer at a record company? From what I heard, those people can be pretty sleezy. Great, another hell. I knew it. More people to act like they're above me. "Why do you need to tell me?" I ask quietly.

She smiles at my question, like she was ready for it. What is her deal? "The company he works for is Epitaph Records."

I nearly jump out of my seat. Epitaph Records?! No shit! "Really?"

She laughs at my reaction, "Yes, really."

My favorite band was signed to Epitaph. Bring Me The Horizon. I was in love with them. I had about four BMTH bracelets and two t-shirts. The rest of the car ride was filled with idle chatter about my favorite bands. I now realize that you should never judge a book by its cover. Mom has really good taste in music. Green Day, All American Rejects, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, etc. The house was huge, almost like a mansion. It made me feel small. And my belongings as well. There was a jet black SUV in the driveway. This make my mom smile, "He's home."

I bite my lip almost immediately. I was so nervous. What if he didn't like me? I grab my bag from the back, floowing Mom to the door. I hate to pull a Doctor Who referance, but it was bigger on the inside. There was a big staircase on one side of the room while there were two doors on the others. She walks into one, motioning me to follow her. It was the kitchen. It was one of the most beautiful kitchen's I've ever seen. I love to cook, so this will be my paradise. Like I said before, this is my escape from hell.

Sitting at a table, in what I guess is the dining room, was a man. He had shoulder length, dusty blonde hair that was extremely curly. Not Ray Toro curly, but you get it. He wore sunglasses on top of his head, while most of his attire was fairly plain. He was as skinny as a stick with tanish skin. He looked up at us with clear green eyes. At the sight of us, he grins, "Hey Sheryl."

He gets up, walking over to us. He presses his lips against Mom's with that same grin on his face. He cupped her cheek and held the small of her back. Mom looked really happy. He pulls away, looking at me. He was still grinnning. He has a really nice smile. "And you are Shayley?" he asks.

I chuckle, "I actually go by Shay now, but yes."

He laughs, "I'm sorry. I'm Marcus by the way."

Marcus...it really fit him. I don't know why, but I like to but names to faces. Like for some reason, my mom looks more like a Chelsea than a Sheryl. I look at him, realizing he's waiting for a reply. I blush furiously, "Sorry, I kinda spaced out. It's nice to meet you too."

"Your room is upstairs," Mom says. "Last door on the right."

I smile, "Thanks Mom. Can I..."

She nods, "Of course, go get settled."

I rush up the stairs, following her directions. I enter the right door, getting the shock of my life. It was beautiful! There was a queen sized bed in the middle with a TARDIS blue bedspread. There was a stand next to it with a lamp on it. On the other side of the room, there was a black desk with an iMac on it. There were three doors, one, presumably, was a closet, I'm not sure about the other two. one was a double door. I throw my bag on the bed, exploring my new surroundings. I opened one of the doors to find a bathroom. I smiled at the idea of having my own bathroom. It was already stocked with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, towels and washclothes. I sniffed the shampoo, smiling at it. It was strawberry, my favorite, along with the conditioner and body wash. All of the towels and washclothes were black, which was great for someone dying their hair.

I left the bathroom to go explore what was in the other one, the double one. When I open it, I nearly shriek in excitement. I had a balcony. It was a half circle with a railing on it. It matched the color of the house, which was pristine white. I stare over the edge of it, looking at my surroundings. I felt like Dora the Explorer when she reached her destination. I felt the need to explore more. Forgetting the bag begging to be unpacked, I enter the bathroom, wanting to shower. I wash my sweaty body quickly and wash my hair. With a towel wrapped around me, I leave the bathroom, poking through my bag for something to wear. I decide on a BMTH tanktop, a red checkered flannel that went mid arm, my bracelets, black jean shorts that I cut myself so I could wear them, but no one could see my scars. I pair it with my Vans. I blow dry my hair and straighten the stubborn waves. When my bitchy hair was finished, I lined my eyes with black eyeliner and put on the foundation. Satisfied with my appearance, I walk down stairs to the kitchen to find Mom and Marcus...making out. "AHHH!" I exclaim. "MY INNOCENT EYES!"

They jump apart, Mom bluching. "Wh-What is it Shay?" She asks.

I chuckle, "Can I go for a walk?"

She nods, "Of course, just have your phone with you and be back by 9:00."

I look at the time. 4:00. Well we did catch an early flight. She hands me a twenty dollar bill, telling me to get something to eat while I was out. I try to protest, but she shoots it down quickly. I leave the house with a quick thank you. I walk down the streets, feeling the heat already. Damn, this is dry heat. Ugh, sometimes I really hate heat. I put in my earbuds, blasting Go To Hell For Heavens Sake as loud as I can. I stomp down the streets to the beat. I could feel the sweat on my covered arms. I find an ice cream shop and smile. I love ice cream, no matter how big I am, I have a major sweet tooth. I pay for a chocolate swirl cone and lick it happily. The girl behind the counter was extremly nice. She looked around my age. I make my way down some side roads, wanting to take in my surroundings. It really was a pretty town.

Suddenly, I hear someone yell above my music. In confusion, I turn slightly before being launched onto the ground. I groan as my head bounces against the sidewalk. Great, can I not escape pain? My phone had fallen out of my pocket, along with my earbuds. I am really confused when I feel a weight on top of me. I look up to see a boy smiling sheepishly at me. "Hi."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AHHH CHAPTER 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you guys like it so far and I hope it isn't too short. Smile thug pugs and have a happy day! (Or night, whenever you're reading this)