Interlude: Atlantis

A/N: Hey, guys! Thank you for reading this novel of mine. Well, I will post two new special chapters for this one. The setting is before the Queen went to the surface. So let’s hold on and take the journey with me in the bottom of the sea.
-          Kyrian18

*****
 Interlude: Atlantis
Part One

Into the dark past of allegory, lies the shadow of a truth.

The lost city of Atlantis, the ultimate mythical city that once been the most stunning of all, trapped in a lifetime curse made by the Greek goddess of Wisdom, Athena. It was over 11,000 years when an island existed in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Peace reunited the whole city and lasted for centuries, but in the end, they became victims to mortal desires and sins. Swallowed by the sea, the world thought that their people and memories were gone along with the city. But they were wrong. They lived. They still lived in the bottom of the ocean; barely surviving, forever hiding, but they still existed.

No one knew. No one should ever know.  

Forever must be a clandestine.

And so was she…

Minerva, the Queen, watched their god’s temple, which was covered with silver, and the pinnacles with gold, right across the glass window of her chamber. Same with the temple, the roof of her assembly room where her throne was located, made of ivory, adorned with gold, silver, and orichalcum. Orichalcum was a gleaming metal, considered second only to gold, believed to have been a brass-like alloy of zinc, charcoal, and copper. They used brass to cover their dwellings, tin and orichalcum to cover the outer walls of their cities.

From the outside, the kingdom’s oval-shaped barrier had a mysterious crystal, The Tuaoi Stone, which was huge in size, cylindrical in shape, used to concentrate incoming rays of energy; solar, lunar, stellar, atmospheric and Earth energies as well as unknown elemental forces. It was the same energy used to rejuvenate their bodies and were able to live a hundreds of years while maintaining a youthful appearance. And small piece of this crystal was on Minerva’s neck.

Atlantis.

It was a hidden paradise. But to the Queen, it was her beautiful prison. It ached her to know that her crown was like an invisible chain, wrapping her soul. She couldn’t run off, or even break out. This was her life that she had to take.

She dressed in a mermaid styled blue gown, a form-fitting at her perfect bodice, and the long skirt highlighted with silver linings was designed to resemble a mermaid’s tail in silhouette. She sat quietly on her throne, wearing her crown. It would be two days or more before she could sit this chair after this.

“Your Highness,” a deep, cool voice coming from an open door, woke her consciousness. She blinked for a couple of times, and had her eyes fixed at the edge of the temple’s balcony, before she looked around and saw her trusted friend, Adolfo Hidrifa, standing few meters away from the throne. Two Atlantean guards were there, too, along with their new enslaved creature – another human.  

They bowed their heads instantly.

A warm smile plastered on his handsome face, revealing his white teeth, and he looked so ravishing in his new Atlantean outfit. The black color suited him, highlighted her blue eyes.

“We saw this old human in our territory.” He began to speak when Adolfo caught her eyes onto the old creature, next to him.

Minerva took a glance with a blank expression at another human that was been captured by their Atlantean guards, three hours ago. It was male, not more than in his sixty years of existence. At least, that was she assumed, hence they were immortals living at the bottom of the sea. She couldn’t figure out the difference without having difficulty.