Chapter 8

Such strong, yet truthful words, Edmund never let his pride brought him down. He knew what he had witnessed that night. He knew what they did to that vulnerable, deprived merman. This guy, along with three more mermen, murdered that creature.  He wasn’t hallucinating. He knew what he saw. And whatever that was, he had sensed something eccentric, familiar apprehension from this man’s blue eyes.

        He was an eyewitness of a crime.

“Murderer,” he said that again, “You killed one of your breeds!”

        Instead of fearing him, Adolfo laughed so hard before he gave him a frown of his before he faced him with those ominous glares. “Whatever you say, it will remain in your past, along with your grave. You will die tomorrow. And even if you’ll tell my secret, no one will listen to you. Save your words, human.”

        He saw Adolfo’s hand slipping through his pocket and reached for a small device. It was small and round, and flickering in the dark. He viciously smiled then he pressed it down and made Edmund’s necklace, tighten on his neck. It was too tight that he gasped for air. He was choking to death and his body was instantaneously rolling on the ground. Too painful, he almost cried out as his whole body splintered from the effects of it. Edmund growled at the agony.

“Don’t underestimate what I can do, human.” He saw him pressing the button and left him nearly winded. “I better get ready and stop wasting my time here. After all, tonight is my wedding night with the queen.”

            “T-The queen?”

        “You’re not stupid or deaf. Tonight is our wedding. Unfortunately, you both are not invited.”

        “Damn you! What did you do to her?”

        “This is so hilarious. I really want to ask that stupid question, too. What did you do to her, human? What did you do to my future bride?”