|Reunion|Stu Macher

I sat on my couch with my back laying on the armrest. I heard a knock on my door and popped my head up. I got up and walked to the door. I opened it and looked at the person standing on my porch. He had a dark blue hoodie with the hood over his head, a white mask, and sunglasses. Even though I was shorter than him, I couldn't clearly make out any other details of his face. I stared at him in confusion as he cleared his throat.

"Does, um- Y/n Prescott, live here?" The man asked, his voice a little scratchy.

"Yes, I am he." I said. I leaned against the door frame as his head then tilted up to see my face.

"Oh, you- look really different," He stuttered out. "I mean, since I last saw you."

"Do I know you?"

"Um, yeah, maybe- I don't know it's been a while... may I come inside?"

"Sure..." I said hesitantly. I moved aside so the mystery person could come inside. "I have the police on speed dial if you try anything." The man let out a nervous laugh.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you." He said.

"So, who are you?" I ask. I close my door and turn around to face the man.

"Um, my name is Stu Macher," The man rubbed his arm.

I let out a gasp. I froze in confusion and shock. My mind raced and I tried to wrap my brain around the possibility of this being true.

"N-no, y-you can't be, he died, I-I saw him die! A TV-"

"I know, it fell on my face, I know it's hard to believe, but,"

Tears welled in my eyes and I crossed my arms. The man took off his hood and then his glasses. I winced as I looked at the gruesome sight. Stitches covered his face and I felt sorry for him. Death probably felt like a better option than living like that. I took a small step towards him. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I started coming back to reality; Stu Macher was still alive, and he was standing in my house. He then took off his mask and more of his face was revealed. His face was a quilt, each patch of skin looked like the pattern on a turtle's shell.

"Oh my god..." I whispered. "I'm so sorry." My voice shook. I touched his cheek and pushed his head towards me. "Look me in the eyes... please," I placed my other hand on his face. His eyes still looked anywhere but me. I softly wrapped my arms around his back and pressed my body against his and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around my figure and gave me a small squeeze. Stu let out a shaky breath and I heard a small soft sob from him.

"God, I missed you so much, Y/n." Stu pulled back and rubbed his hand against his eye. I softly grabbed his hand and pulled it away from his face. I replaced it with my hand and rubbed his tears away.

"I missed you too." I softly said.

"Y/n, I know that what I've done in the past was really, really bad, and I'm sorry for that, and I know that I don't look as good as I did before, but I want things to be like what they used to be. We can move someplace far away and have a fresh start." Stu rambled on. I gave him a sad smile and pulled him close to me.

"Stu, I don't know if I can forgive you for what you did," Stu's face dropped, "but if you are willing to change-"

"Yes! I'll do anything you want me to, I can change! I will change." Stu got down on his knees and begged me.

"And Stu,"

"Yes?" He looked up at me with pleading eyes.

"I didn't fall in love with you because of your looks," I placed my hands on his cheeks as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You... loved me?" Stu's mouth was agape in surprise.

"Of course I did, ya goof." I smiled at him as he buried his face in my stomach.

"I loved you too! I- I still do! Oh, Y/n, I'll love you 'til the day I die!" I rubbed the back of his head and kissed the top of it. I let out a small laugh as we stayed in the position for a few comfortable moments.

"Where should we go?" I asked. Stu looked up at me with confusion. "You said you wanted to leave, where should we go?" His confusion then turned into understanding. He got off his knees and stood up, his arms still around me.

"Well, I thought about it for a while and, um... would you like to go to Washington with me?" Stu's eyes searched mine as I thought about my decision. It'd been years since I'd seen him, but I had loved who he was. But was he the same man that I had fallen in love with? "Please, [Name]. Come with me and we can live together."

"Hm, are you saying I'll have a happily ever after?" I let out a small laugh as I looked up at him.

"I'll promise you that and whatever else you want." Stu put his hand below my chin and tilted my head up. He bent down and kissed my forehead. I smiled and pulled his face closer to mine. I kissed each line of stitches on his face before landing on his lips. Stu smiled against our kiss. He picked me up and spun me around. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he placed his arms below my legs. I broke the kiss and we both tried to catch our breaths. He place his forehead on mine for a few moments.

"Is that a yes?" He asked. I giggled and placed my arms around his neck.

"Yes, yes it is." I smiled as Stu pressed his lips against mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 1,008