Chapter Three

It was a night of restlessness to Ivy. She tried sleeping but she couldn't. Whenever she tried closing her eyes, images of Ryan's well arranged room, her small hand fully incased in his, his sparkling eyes and his nice, black hair which was shaved on the sides leaving a longer top filled her dark vision.
"I can't believe that I'm getting vigil for the whole night. This is weird. It's my first time of getting a sleepless night. The last time, I almost had one after dad had announced that he was about to depart, but luckily, I got drank and forgot about it. Wait, or was it because I danced with Ryan, that I forgot about that and got asleep?" Ivy said while walking around her spacious room. She walked towards the window, drew the curtains and watched the beautiful horizon full of twinkling stars. Her eyes caught two birds on a branch of tree, chirping. She imagined how beautiful Ryan and her would look if they could sing together like the two birds. She was indeed going insane.

...

The school bell went and students strolled out of their classes. Mariana's phone vibrated. She took it from her purse to check and found it was a WhatsApp notification. She tapped to read,
Josh; "Hey baby, let's meet at the old art room now."

"Okay hunny."

Mariana clenched the door knob, opened and pushed it slowly. She found Josh there sitting on a chair, with his headphones on. Josh woke up and walked towards Mariana until he got to her, leaving no inch apart.
"Hunny, I called you here because I couldn't concentrate in class without seeing you for this short break." Josh said while caressing Mariana's hair.
"Really baby?"
"Yes hunny." Josh said while pressing Mariana to the wall, making her crave for more oxygen and breath fast. Josh placed his hand on her chest and softly massaged her left boob which was handful in size. He placed his lips on her forehead and slowly went down till they met hers. He held her tight enough for her to feel his erect manhood.

"No. Stop it Josh!" Mariana said as she pushed him back and placed her blouse and hair in place. She tried giving in for him but she couldn't. Josh wasn't waking up the butterflies in her stomach the way Ryan did. He wasn't getting her intimate the same way Ryan did, and this made her angry.

"Why should I stop baby?"
"Um, I have a class in two minutes time. I have to get ready for it now. See you later, I have to go." Mariana said while looking at her wrist watch.
"Uh, okay hunny." Josh said as she gave her a peck on her cheek before she could storm out of the room.

...

It was on a weekend and Ryan lay on his bed with his phone on his hands. He was chatting with Ivy, who made him smile like an idiot, even though he had sworn not to flirt again. He was going against his own vow. He saw messages from a group chart,
Dave's birthday party; Dave : Hey guys... The party will commence at 7:00 PM at the Dave's. You are all welcomed.
Kevin : Uh! I'll be there at 6:59PM.

Giddy: Happy birthday crime mate. I'll be there soon.

Bianca : Happy birthday dear... See you there.

Mishy : Wow! I've gotten a reason to be away from my harsh mum today. Hurray!

Bianca : I'll be there too guys. Happy birthday Dave.

Mariana : Happy birthday Dave. See you there.

Josh : Happy birthday Dave. See you there.

More messages...

Ryan typed ; " Happy birthday bro. I'll be there too."

No sooner did Ryan finish typing the message than he received a call from Ivy,
"Hello handsome, can we meet? I promise that today I'll take dinner at your place."

"Um, unfortunately I'll be out today, Ivy. I won't make it."

"Are you taking someone out? I'm getting jealous you know." Ivy teased, though her voice seemed concerned.