Chapter 13: Capture*

I was rewarded a rare Master ball that captures Pokémon without fail. Facing the legendary Pokémon Xerneas was not taken lightly. My Pokémon kept Xerneas in place. Despite even being low on energy, I threw the master ball and that was the end of it.

"That was intense..." I leaned on my knees, feeling my heart racing at the anxiety induce experience. I captured a legendary Pokémon... a Pokémon I help find and use was now kept by my side.

"Serena! Serena!" Shauna shook Serena still unconscious "Calem! She won't wake up! What do we do?!"

"We have to get her to a hospital" I carried her up in my arms before seeing Lysandre walking into the room with a strange machine I never seen before attached to him

"What a startling development! I never would've thought the one who's brilliant plan it was to find and use the legendary Pokémon for the Ulimate weapon was really a chosen one!" I blocked the girls from him "That was the mighty Xerneas... I expected more from a Pokémon called a legend!"

"What's with the get up?!" Shauna questioned "Lysandre, get out of the way! We need to take Serena to the hospital!"

"Silence!" Shauna gasped and started mouthing something, unable to speak "Victory is using the Ultimate Weapon. In order to do that, I need to reclaim the legendary Pokémon's power and send it to that weapon once again. I'll be taking the legendary Pokémon back now!"

"Over my dead body, you wannabe murder and manipulator!" I opened my hand to push him off his feet before sending out my Pokémon to take care of his own Pokémon, and was victorious.

"You can't use the Ulimate weapon anymore!" I told him, taking Serena back from Shauna after battling "You manipulated too many people for your own selfish desires. Instead of working to get rid of this world, we could had just came together to make a better, beautiful world"

"No, I can only see one future! One where selfish, foolish humans think about nothing other than themselves and steal more and more from one another!"

"Speak for yourself" Shauna said in a sass tone

"Hmph! The original purpose of this device wants to bring a Pokémon back to life but the ancient king transformed it into this ultimate weapon" he was referring to the story of why the Ultimate Weapon was created in the first place. During a Pokémon war 3,000 years ago that was stopped due to that machine firing.

"There's not much power left... but there IS enough to use it once..." he finished by looking at the wristlet on his arm "Calem and Sycamore's pupils... the Ulimate weapon is a flower that bloomed to no avail... just like... me" he looked pained, shedding tears before setting off an earthquake that caused a loud explosion probably from outside

"Let's get out!" I shouted, looking for cover when the explosion took place. I looked back to see Lysandre staying behind "Lysandre! It won't work! Get out!" The ceiling started collapsing "Lysandre!" He turned back to see me and nodded

"Maybe I'll find my own world to perfect! I've lost all hope!" A man with strong ambitions lost hope just like that? Even if I beat him, he wouldn't give up like this.

"Gard..." Gardevoir appeared and grabbed me and Shauna before teleporting us to safety

"Gardevoir! Why didn't you save Lysandre!?" I yelled, completely in shock. She frowned and shook her head, like there wasn't anything she could do. I frowned down at Serena still asleep in my arms. Serena...

"Don't..." I looked down "Please don't let Serena find out about this. She'll only blame herself" I let out a shaky breath before hurrying to the hospital, which had immediate responses to multiple injuries that happened during the activation of the Ulimate weapon shooting only enough to destroy itself