Chapter 15: Flowers

Rin smiled kindly, revealing a unbelievable sort of secret "Forgive me for not being honest, but Serena is my niece" that was a shock to me "When it became apparent that Serena had abilities growing up, her parents refused to allow any kind of training in hopes to just have a normal child. This is another fate of children who grow up with non-psychic parents. They left the region because of me pushing them. I only wanted the best for Serena, but they refused to listen and left to Hoenn"

"So psychic abilities are genetic!" Shauna said "So cool!"

"Yes" Rin giggled "Unfortunately it's not a strong gene, so not every family member will have abilities. It tends to skip every other generation, and that's why me and Serena have these powers. It's only a coincidence that we ended up with the same kind of ability"

"It's a shame that it turned out that way" I frowned

"Yeah... If my parents weren't so insistent in making me a normal child, we wouldn't have moved and I wouldn't have suffered such a fate" Serena frowned "I want to blame them, but I can't get myself to do it. When it came to my kidnappers, it became so bad to the point where my ability was overwhelming even them. They sorted a deal with my parents a long time later by phone in secret and negotiated to pay for my return. They came with the money, but one of the guys were so far gone that they ended up killing my parents right in front of me" I bit the inside of my cheek

"Serena..." Shauna frowned

"I lost it and made them kill themselves" Serena cupped her mouth in disgust "I was alone and scared... I couldn't think of anyone else but—" she looked at me "So I returned after settling everything with police and all of the above, ready to come back home years later to see Calem not even home anymore" she frowned at Rin "I'm sorry I never considered remembering you until now"

"The brain works in mysterious ways. You have one thing in mind, so I don't blame you for forgetting me. After all, you were very young, but not young enough to forget the happiness you've held with Calem" Rin smiled "I would like to have you both in my office separately for therapy and proper training. It will be beneficial to both of you" we nodded "for now, please take time to rest and wait for your name to be wipe clean" she told me "after this, we may begin"

The amount of time it took for the whole Team Flare situation to quiet down and for my name to be cleared of anyone who blamed me to be the mastermind of most of the operation and was proven that I was influenced under mind control by Lysandre's taboo ability that was not caught by other psychics who handle anyone that have a taboo ability, took over three months.

Many of the Team Flare grunts were also victims of this mind control, but there were still some who wished for the success of Lysandre's plan even without mind control.

Anyone who brought harm to others were arrested after finding evidence, but many were given a free pass to leave without consequences. I generally believe they were victims that were the same as me, but I can't speak for the ones who really wish harm on others.

The money we had to spent to join Team Flare was only halfway returned to us since it took a lot of money to make this operation a reality. Those who were found guilty of abuse was not given back their money due to their sentence in prison depending on what they did. Some got life and some only got a few months or years

I willingly donated the money and some more to the charity for the education and home support of psychic children. It may take a lot of time to help those children victimize by people exploiting them or kept away from the idea of abilities all together. Unfortunately there are alot of parents that were like Serena's who hid their ability and not received proper training, and there are some like me who have not known about their abilities until later in life.