Cloudtail's selfishness

I glared at Daisy as she smirked at Brightheart running deeper into the forest. She knew that Brightheart had been watching, and she just had to do it. "Look what you've done!"

"Look what you've done. It's obvious she was waiting for your reaction. You should've gone 'I don't like you Daisy, they're not mine.' But you didn't. Why are you blaming me now?" Daisy blinked innocently.

"I hate you." Cloudtail snarled, whipping around and stalking off to the nearby lake.

Licking my lips, I tucked into the juicy sparrow with delight, tearing at its meat, ripping feathers.

Just as I was about to pluck its feathers out, a familiar snobby voice growled from behind. "Cloudtail! What do you think you're doing?"

Startled, I turned around slowly. "I-"

"You ate without bringing this back to camp?" Daisy gazed at me calmly.

Unable to meet her gaze, I lowered my eyes guiltily to the ground.

"Aren't you scared I'll tell on Firestar?" Daisy smirked. "You're breaking the warrior code."

"Yes."

"I won't tell," Daisy purred and I lifted my head hopefully. "But, you have to become my mate."

"I can't! Brightheart's my mate!" I cried. "I can't be your mate. I don't even love you."

"That's your choice." She shrugged. "I don't mind just meeting Firestar and... I wonder what'll happen."

With that, she stalked off, leaving me helpless.

As I neared the river, I saw a familiar pelt floating limply in the water.

Startled, I thundered towards the waters and leapt in. The relief i felt when I found myself swimming- my mother had taught me when I was younger, the relief; it disappeared when I realized who that cat was.

The relief was replaced by horror, sadness and grief as I saw Brightheart laying limp on the ground.

"Brightheart!" I wailed.

The forest softly echoed wails of grief. I would never forgive myself for this.

This is just a very short chapter to sort of explain Cloudtail's behavior in the previous chapter.