Ravenpaw's decision

Requested by @Reedtail

"Fennel!" I purred as I spotted the familiar brown she cat.

"Raven," she nodded her head. Everyone called me Ravenpaw except her. She was the only one who was allowed to call me Raven.

We touched noses as she pressed her pelt against mine. It had been many, many moons since I left the clan. Tigerstar had died, and I could return to the clans if I wanted to.

However much I wanted to return to clan life in the forest, I couldn't. How could I bear to leave Fennel and Barley behind?

"Have you seen Barley?" I asked. Barley had been heading out many times these few days, and only came back at moonhigh.

To pass my time, I wandered around with Fennel, sometimes wandering into the forests.

"Nope," she sighed. "He's not the type to stay out until so late."

"What, looking for me?" The familiar Tom asked with amusement, resting a paw on my shoulder.

"I was just staying out so that you two could have some alone time." He grinned cheekily.

I nudged his shoulder playfully. "Really, where did you do?"

"Hunting! I found a new nest in the barn!" He pushed two plump mice towards us.

"I brought them back specially for you two. I've eaten already." Barley purred. "I'm heading back, have fun!"

As we settled down to eat the mice, Fennel asked me a question I had been wondering myself.

"Do you regret meeting me and Barley?" She asked.

I looked at my paws, wondering.

"If you didn't meet us, you wouldn't have anything to stay for. You could be reunited with your clan mates."

"True that if I didn't meet you guys I wouldn't want to stay," I started and her expression dropped. "But I don't regret it."

"I like it here with you two, it's very peaceful, no clan fights, quarrels between clans, and the warrior code. It's very carefree here."

Fennel licked my cheek. "I'm glad to hear that. But don't you miss your friends? That flame colored Tom?"

"Yes I do miss him, and Graystripe," I admitted. "But I would never you here in a heartbeat."

Emotion flashed through Fennel's eyes, disappearing as quickly as it had appeared.

"So you do miss clanlife?" She cocked her head.

I nodded guiltily.

"Well then," Fennel stood up. "If you want to rejoin Thunderclan,"

I shook my head, interrupting her. "I won't leave you here."

Fennel glanced at me. "I didn't say anything about leaving me here," I looked confused and she continued. "If you do want to rejoin, I'll come with you."

Hearing those words made my heart expand in happiness. "Really? You would?" I twined our tails together with a purr.

"Yes," She grinned. "Anything for you."

"What about Barley?"

"I've talked to him, he supports us doing that."

"Okay, I'll just go ask Firestar, and I'll come back to say farewell to Barley." I'm pretty sure my eyes sparkled.

•~•~

"You really want to?" Firestar widened his eyes, surprised. "Prey is little in Thunderclan, it'll be a hard time to adjust to clan life again."

"Yes," I nodded. "I'll help the clan hunt, I'll do anything for the clan."

"Very well then, the clan welcomes you and Fennel." He replied, his eyes warm.

"Ravenpaw, from this moment you shall be known as Ravenwing and Fennel, from this moment you shall be known as Leafheart." Firestar pronounced. (Sorry, I'm not good at warrior ceremonies.)

"Ravenwing! Leafheart!" The clan yowled.

Finally, I was reunited with the clans again.