[11]

♣♣♣
April 2012, NYC

STEVE LOOKS THROUGH the window in shock

STEVE LOOKS THROUGH the window in shock. He tries his best to hide the stunned expression, but fails miserably. Even though some of the weirdest things ever happened on Earth, happened to Steve, this day will probably top it all.

Quickly, Steve, Anastasia, Clint and Natasha run out of the jet and in the debris that NYC if full of right now.

''We gotta get back up there!'' Rogers yells as he runs as fast as he can.

Suddenly, he stops, making Anastasia, Clint and Natasha do the same.

Following his gaze, The Red Widow's eyes land on the large, flying Chitauri coming out of the blue portal.

It flies over them, hitting statues and building on the way.

Then, hundreds of Chitauri's jump from that large creature and in and on buildings.

''Stark, are you seeing any this?'' Captain Rogers breathes out in disbelief, his head following the movements of the Chitauri's flying above him.

''Seeing. Still working on believing.'' Tony replies hesitantly.

''Where's Banner? Has he down up yet?'' The billionaire quickly asks.

''Banner?'' Steve questions back in confusion.

''Just keep me posted.''

Shots get fired from above and the four quickly knee behind a car.

''We've got civilians trapped up there!''

Just then, Chitauri's fly above them and on one sits a familiar God with a familiar green cape.

''Loki.'' Steve mumbles as he follows the creature taking shots and bombing the ground.

Cars fly around and civilians run from the fire under the bridge, while they watch from above.

''They're fish in a barrel down there.'' The Captain says as he looks around the car.

More Chitauri jump on the cars in front of them, grasping there weapons. Quickly, Anastasia and Natasha start shooting.

''We got this. It's good, go!'' The Red Widow exclaims at Steve over the sounds of her pistols during.

''Do you think you can hold them off?'' He asks, now looking at Barton.

''Captain, it would be my genuine pleasure.''

He starts shooting arrows left and right, precisely and skilled.

With a hesitant nod, Steve stands up and runs towards the edge of the bridge.

He jumps of the edge and onto a bus, shots getting fired at him while he does.

The Captain runs and quickly tumbles to avoid them, before jumping of the bridge onto a flipping car, which leverages him forward before he lands with a flip.