[14]

♣♣♣
March 2014, Washington DC

ANASTASIA KNOWS STEVE very well

ANASTASIA KNOWS STEVE very well. She's knows his habits and his opinions. She knows about his nightmares and that he keeps Bucky's dog tags in pocket at all times, even though he's never told her that. She knows he listens to It's been a long, long time on repeat on the record she bought him. She knows that he loves big sweaters and sweatpants, yet doesn't mind when Anastasia buys him shirts that are just a little bit too small - yeah, she buys his clothes and she buys them too small for her own enjoyment... can you blame her?

So, yeah, Anastasia knows just about everything there is to know about him. He's kinda an open book.

Not the other way around.

The only thing the Red Widow doesn't know is that Steve often visits the Smithsonian to grieve his old life.

So, after a particularly annoying mission, Steve went to visit the Smithsonian once again.

Anastasia lied about having a different mission than him - seriously, save. hostages. from. ship? How hard is that?!

And then Fury, being the slightly annoyingly, yet effortlessly funny, man he is, called it compartmentalisation.

''Nobody spills the secrets, because nobody knows them all.''

Easy for him to talk, Steve had thought.

''Expect for you.'' He shot back.

He isn't mad at Anastasia, no, just a little annoyed.

''You're wrong about me. I do share, I'm nice like that.''

Those lasts word keep repeating in Rogers' head, maybe he is wrong.

He's always seen himself as a good judge of character. Yet, lately, he's even been suspicious of SHIELD, now he isn't so sure.

Maybe that quality stayed in the ice?

Then, Fury talked to Steve about some stuff about his grandfather while they were riding an elevator to.. somewhere.

''You know, they used to play music.'' Steve had smiled. Damn, did he miss his home back in the 40's.

Then, Steve found out about Project Insight and he's furious, to say the least.

It's mind-blowing and actually a little scary the weapons - tanks, guns, vehicles and huge, huge helicarriers filled with even more guns - SHIELD is capable of making.

''This isn't freedom, this is fear.''

''SHIELD takes the world as it is, not as we'd like it to be.'' Nick had replied.

What a load of bullshit.

Then, Fury dragged him through the mud with some shit about the SSR. ''Greatest generation?'' He had scoffed, ''You guys did some nasty things.''