The Season Ending Injury

Cole's POV:

The second period had just started and we up by one making the score 1-0. When me and Nick got on the ice for face off, winning the face off skating down the ice passing the Suzuki before Trevor Lewis hit me pretty hard knocking me down on the ice. I thought I heard a pop sound when I landed but when I tried getting up, I couldn't put presser on my right arm feeling pain in my shoulder. I was already hurt from the game in Dallas where I was hit against the boards, but I was playing through the injury. 

When I got to the bench the medical staff took a look at my shoulder. One of them saying "Sorry Cole but it looks like you will be out for a while and will also need physical therapy for your shoulder. We're going to have you go to a physical therapist close by where we send most of our players when they get hurt." "Okay what's it called?" "Stiles Med, you'll be with the physical therapist there her name is AJ she will know what to do and what you will be able to handle with this injury and will be telling us whether you are good to play or not. Your first appointment will be tomorrow the 13th. For now, just go home and rest."

When I got home, I put the rest of the game on not knowing what else to do. Seeing that the Flames got a goal. But towards the end of the third period, Nick got a goal, and the game was over with us winning 2-1. I was upset that I wouldn't be able to play for a while, but the medical staff knows what they are doing, and they know what's best so, this time I'm going to listen to them instead of playing hurt. 

AJ's POV: 

I went back into my office reading the clock seeing that it was almost 9:30 and that I should probably head home since I have to be back here at 7 am. Just as I am putting my stuff into my back to leave my office phones starts ringing, I reluctantly answer "Hello Stiles Med, AJ speaking how can I help you?" "Hi AJ, my name is Jim Ramsay, I am a trainer for the Montreal Canadians, and I am sending a player over there tomorrow for an appointment with you, I just wanted to make sure you saw that. He had a pretty nasty hit on the Ice today and he said something about a pop in his shoulder." "Yes Mr. Ramsay, I saw that. I'll probably just ask him a few questions and maybe try some things tomorrow otherwise I will have him come on another time within this week to start the physical therapy." "Alright, thank you so much I better let you go it's getting late." "Okay, I'll contact you more to let you know when I think it's a right time for him to get back on the ice." "Thank you, bye." 

I finished packing up my bag getting into my truck going back to my house where I live with my dog, Ripley.

My drive home wasn't too bad getting to my house at 10 to 10. Which was pretty normal for me with all of Montreal's traffic. As I walk in the house Ripley greets me at the door like always, as I make my way to my bedroom, getting ready for bed and finally getting some shut eye with Ripley lying next to me. I went to bed so that I wasn't tired, cause tomorrow I have to help a hockey player get his arm back into playing condition. 

Cole's POV: 

Nick got home around 10 which was normal after a game, we watched some of the post-game before we headed to bed. Before I could get to my room Nick stopped me asking "So what did the trainers say about your shoulder, any chance of you playing next week?" I looked over at Nick giving him a sad but knowing look "No I won't be able to play they are sending me to a physical therapy place to see if they can get me into playing condition, but I doubt I'll be back by the end of the season since it is almost over." "Aww that sucks, but anyway where are they sending you for physical therapy?" "Some place called Stiles Med, apparently they are the best physical therapy place in Canada, so that's as good as it gets." "Alright man, well I'm going to head to bed, night." "Night Suki."

I headed into my room, getting into basketball short and a t-shirt going right to bed. Not excited about tomorrow, but if it can get me to playing faster, I'll do anything.