1.

Siyoung was driving back from her parents' place when she decided to stop by for some iced tea. She had just returned after the comeback, so StarShip had given her a few days off. She didn't have a boyfriend, so she spent her time off with family or friends, but she preferred being with her family, as she missed them the most in Seoul.

You might be thinking, "But Siyoung is from Seoul. Her profile says she was born there." Yes, the profile is accurate. Siyoung was indeed born and raised in Seoul, but a month after her debut, her family moved to Busan because her dad got transferred there. Actually, only her mom and dad went, since Siyoung was idol and her siblings were attending university in Seoul.

But let's get back to the story. Siyoung was thirsty after a long car ride and wondered whether she should endure until home or stop somewhere. Well, when she drove past the cafe she loved more than anything else in the world, she couldn't resist and had to park.

The cafe was located near the gym Siyoung often visited during her free time. It was one of the few gyms with a ring and trainers for combat sports she wanted to practice – kickboxing and Krav Maga.

She was so excited for a drink that she forgot she was a celebrity and should wear a mask and a cap. They were in her car, she just simply forgot. She opened the door, the bell above it rang, and from behind the curtain, an older lady with curly black hair and gray streaks peered out. Mrs. Choi. Siyoung adored her and almost considered her as a grandmother figure - she never had a grandmother, so she compensated by forming a bond with Mrs. Choi. The older lady was happy that someone regularly visited her, as her own children and grandchildren had forgotten about her. She often joked that Siyoung would be listed in her will and inherit the cafe - the singer hoped she was just joking.

"My dearest customer," Mrs. Choi's eyes lit up as she saw who was standing at the entrance. Siyoung returned the smile. Apart from two small groups, each consisting of three people, there was no one else in the cafe.

"My dearest grandma," Siyoung laughed and tightly hugged Mrs. Choi. A year ago, she started calling her "grandma." She was afraid the older lady might mind, but she always smiled at the nickname and patted Siyoung's cheek; just like she did now.

"As always? Iced peach tea?" she asked. Siyoung nodded. "You're going to drown in that tea one day," Mrs. Choi joked, heading to the kitchen to prepare the drink.

"Then it will be the best death ever," Siyoung replied with a laugh. Her phone vibrated in her pocket.

Her manager messaged her, asking her to come to the company tomorrow at nine; they needed to discuss something. She wasn't afraid of what they wanted to talk about. She knew it wasn't about getting fired. A few days ago, she renewed her contract for another five years, and they probably wouldn't try to persuade her to sign it if they planned to let her go in a few days.

"Hi," one of the guys from the trio in the cafe approached Siyoung. He was good-looking, and Siyoung, who watched "Single Inferno," immediately recognized him. She couldn't believe that she bumped into Kim Jinyoung, also known as Dex, in her favorite cafe. In person, he looked even more handsome than on TV.

"Hi," Siyoung tried to be friendly. She smiled and gave a slight bow.

"You're very beautiful, and the moment you walked in, I couldn't take my eyes off you," he began. Siyoung started feeling nervous. Her hands began to sweat, and she might have been trembling a bit. The last time a guy said such nice words to her, it ended badly. Siyoung was afraid to hear those words. She didn't want to hear them.

So, she took her drink from Mrs. Choi, who had just arrived, and left as quickly as possible.

Once she was safe in her car, she realized a tear had rolled down her cheek. Her breath was uneven and shaky. Her heart pounded as if it wanted to jump out of her chest. Her palms were so sweaty that she had to wipe them with a tissue.

After calming down, she messaged Mrs. Choi that she'd pay for the drink the next time she visited. Mrs. Choi promptly replied, saying there was no rush.

Throughout the drive home, Siyoung only thought about one thing: Dex, who probably wanted her number, but her fear prevented her from giving it to him. Maybe, if she knew him better, she would have given him her number, but she only knew that he was on "Single Inferno" and that he was a former UDT Navy SEAL soldier.