24.

The evening, the couple decided that they would immediately make use of the terrace offered by the house and grill some meat they had bought. It would be a shame to leave the terrace unused because the weather outside was beautiful, and at night, the sea looked like something out of another world. Siyoung was truly captivated by how Jeju looked in this part of the island. Whenever she had been to Jeju before, she stayed in the city center and sometimes went to the mountains when she had time, but it never crossed her mind to explore the beaches and hotels in this area. Now she regretted that, because it was truly amazing.

Siyoung brought a plate of pork, samgyeopsal, and vegetables to the table, while the soldier prepared his secret sauce that Siyoung would apparently dream about for a month. The brunette let him do whatever he wanted in the kitchen and set up the grill in the meantime so they could start grilling once he finished his super secret yet amazingly delicious sauce.

"You didn't have to wait for me if you're hungry," Jinyoung told her as he placed the bowl of sauce among the other prepared dishes and finally sat down across from Siyoung. She didn't mind waiting. She had been taught from a young age to wait until everyone who would be eating was at the table, and she intended to stick to that – hence the waiting.

"Two minutes of waiting won't kill me," Siyoung smiled and handed him a plate of meat, "and mainly, I didn't want to smell like smoke."

"Well, the fox is clever like that," Jinyoung chuckled, taking the meat from the younger girl. She just stuck her tongue out at him and giggled. She didn't mind smelling like smoke, but she didn't want to tell him that as good a cook as she was, she always ended up burning the meat on the grill – that was a secret she would take to the grave; it was just too embarrassing.

"We did well with this trip," Siyoung said when a long silence fell between them. Siyoung didn't mind silence, but during grilling sessions, there should be talking and getting to know each other.

"I'm glad you like it here," Jinyoung smiled, "ever since we got off the plane, you've been smiling constantly and overall seem happier. You definitely needed this."

"I admit I needed a break, not only mentally but also emotionally. I'm often stressed, constantly have to worry about not making a mistake so that fans don't criticize me for it, and that really takes a toll on my health too. Before a comeback, I usually lose around five kilos just from being stressed and nervous," she confided, "and not to mention how much StarShip can overwork you."

"So why did you renew your contract? Why didn't you terminate it and go elsewhere?" Jinyoung asked. He seemed genuinely interested in this conversation. He certainly didn't appear to have asked out of mere politeness – he genuinely feared for Siyoung's health.

"I renewed it for another three years, and why not? They don't treat me terribly. They let me date, and when I ask for a day off, I usually get it. They also allow me to write my own songs, which not many companies allow," she explained to him, "and maybe I was also afraid. I know StarShip, I know what I can and can't do. I was probably afraid that I wouldn't be able to negotiate similar terms with another company."

"You won't know if you don't try," Jinyoung smiled at her.

"When it comes to being an idol, I'd rather be where I know what's allowed."

"But has it never crossed your mind to start your own company?" he asked her as he placed the first pieces of cooked meat onto his plate. Siyoung took a piece and held it out in front of Jinyoung. He looked surprised at her, but eventually took the meat. He chewed on it. "It's excellent." Siyoung smiled and took a piece for herself as well. The sauce was seriously delicious.

"Start my own company? Not really, because I think I don't have what it takes for that. I have experience with being an idol, but owning a company involves other things too. But maybe I'll do it someday. Perhaps. I would like to help trainees someday, do their promotions, and watch them slowly become stars. That's what I'd wish for," Siyoung smiled as she spoke about it.

"So, you'd like to have a company that debuts a group someday?"

"It doesn't have to be exactly like that from the start. It would be enough if StarShip gave me the opportunity to choose trainees, form a group, and then help them on their journey. Like a mentor," she explained to him. She herself remembered how stressful the life of a trainee was. Now that she's an idol, she'd like to help other trainees in their journey and make it less stressful for them.

"Why don't you ask StarShip? Maybe they'd allow you," Jinyoung placed the last pieces of meat as well.

"They'd reject me, saying that I'm an idol and I shouldn't even be thinking about such things," she said.

"Siyoung?" Siyoung looked at Jinyoung, "What do I keep telling you?"

"If you don't try, you won't know."