8. Who is she?

I went out of my classroom to freshen up and happened to pass by the humanities class. The door was closed but I could hear the voice of their psychology teacher from the closed doors of the classroom of 38 students. I think Reva is excellent in this subject. Just then their teacher called out her name and questioned her something. I wanted to listen what she is saying even though I understand shit. But oh my miserable fate, the chemistry sir saw me. We have chemistry class now. I immediately ran to my classroom. 

I entered in the class and sat on my desk. The teacher entered after me. 

"Goodmorning sir" Everyone greeted him. 

"Goodmorning sit down everyone." Sir said while trying to find someone among the students. Then he saw me and gave me a small smirk. 

Everyone sat but then the teacher called out my name. 

"Shuvam!" 

"Yes sir?" I responded knowing exactly what he will say.

"What were you doing infront of the humanities class?" He said and everyone looked at me. 

I am here standing awkwardly trying to find an excuse. 

"Will you even say anything or will just keep standing like that?" The teacher folded his arms looking at me. 

"Uhm well, I was waiting for a friend." I said whatever came to my mind. 

"Who?" My friends and the teacher asked at the same time. 

"REVA!" I said and closed my eyes knowing I fucked up. 

After a few seconds of silence, I opened my eyes and looked at everyone. The guys were looking at me as if they saw some kind of ghost and the girls were looking at me with their eyes filled with jealousy. Whats the matter!?

I looked at the sir and he kinda looked happy. 

"Ok, sit down" He said and continued his class. 

I was still shocked at the reaction of other students on hearing her name. Whats the matter with that girl? Is she some kind of an alien? Is she my hallucination? Is she a fraud? Whats happening? 

I somehow tried to concentrate in the class keeping her thoughts aside.

Soon, the bell rang indicating that the period was over.

"This much for today! We will continue in the next class!" The teacher said that took his leave.

My friends came towards my desk with their tiffin.

"Yo! Reva is your friend?" They asked.

"Yes, why? What's wrong with that?" They asked.

"Nothing! It's just that she was quite popular in our previous school. She had lots of admirers and the girls used to hate her and envy her a lot. Although I still think that they do! She used to be my best friend but since we got different sections, we lost contact eventually." Shaurya said.

"Oh, do you miss her? I mean you used to be bestfriend so you must be missing her." I said.

"Well, sometimes I do but I am happy knowing that she is doing what she loves to do and that she's happy with everything." Shaurya said. Not gonna lie, he sounded like a typical bestfriend in love.

"Oh well, you ever had feelings for her?" I asked him. He looked at me straight for sometimes without saying anything.

"Uhm... For some moment I liked her because she was so sweet and all but then I realised that she's sweet to every other person existing and she thought of me only as a friend so I eventually got over my feelings. It was nothing, just some infatuation." He said and I nodded.

"Oh ok I understand, let's eat I am hungry!" I said trying to change the topic.

We ate brunch while gossiping about our life and girls obviously lol. To be honest, I was never interested in talking about girls like they do because maximum girls of our age try to be a pick me and act as if they don't like girly stuff.

"Eww you guys read romantic novels? The fuck? Grow up bitches! Romantic books are for girls who never got any attention from guys! We should read books on how we should build up a future of ourselves!" Someone said very loudly in class. I looked towards the direction of the voice and saw Anvi standing there. She was looking at me as if she's trying to make sure that I heard her voice clearly.

"Lmao she's capping! Today in the morning itself I saw her reading the book 'it ends with us'!" Asish said and all of us burst out laughing.

I finished my tiffin and went out to wash my hands. When I stepped out of my classroom, I saw Reva standing with one of my classmates. It was Avantika.

Avantika seems to be a good friend of her. I have seen them both together so many times.

I looked at her for a few minutes. She was holding the masala flavour kurkure packet in her hand while talking to Avantika. They were both laughing while talking to each other. Just then, Reva looked at me. I became conscious.

She smiled and waved at me. I thought to return this gesture of hers. I smiled and waved at her as well. Avantika looked at me and became confused. They both then started talking to each other while I went to the boys washroom.

The bell rang indicating that the break period is over. I went to my classroom and checked the timetable.

"We have physical education now." I said to my friends.

"Oh, sir will be here by any time." He said.

I looked out of the door and saw that our PHE sir was coming but he wasn't coming alone. Along with him, some students were coming.

I became confused but went towards my bench thinking that he must have arranged two classes together.

•••••

Hey there!

Today's update is out now!

The next part will be out soon.

Till then, take care and stay safe 💖...