Hiding something - Aziraphale

Word count: 1335

Paring: Aziraphale x reader

A/n: Thank you for requesting I hope you enjoy it. It was nice dipping into the Good Omens fandom for writing. Requests are currently open, just make sure to check my rules and character list before requesting thanks and enjoy. Also, very small season 2 spoilers so read at your own discretion.

Having been on earth for the past 6000 years has been wild. I have witnessed and maybe participated in multiple wars, seen the rise and fall of empires, but the best thing I have witnessed on earth is my fellow angel, Aziraphale. I just love his fascination with books, and the workings of human society. The fact that he even is so kind as to help the demon Crowley with tasks that they both happen to be assigned to is amazing, he is such a kind individual and needs to be protected.

Over the years I have noticed that whenever I'm around him my brain goes fuzzy, like it becomes impossible to think of anything other than him. I have no idea how to tell him this, I mean it's not like he would feel the same about me. After all that we have been through together I think it's best if i just keep these feelings to myself, as I don't want to jeopardize our friendship.

Well keeping it to myself is far easier said than done as I was currently pestering my favorite fallen angel, and some things may have slipped out.

Keep reading

"I don't know when I started feeling this way, I just think he's so sweet. And the look on his face when he thought his books were destroyed in that church back in ww2, he was so sad and then he realized you saved them he was so happy. I love how he takes care of his books like they are the most important things in this world." I said, talking the demon's ear off as he just rolled his eyes at me.

He just continued to sit on the park bench while we were waiting for Aziraphale, watching me pass in front of him. "Why are you telling me this, I don't care." He said hoping I would just sit down and shut up.

I just rolled my eyes and continued knowing it would probably still be a few minutes before the angle showed up. "I just wish I knew what he was thinking in that pretty little brain of his." I sighed as I sat next to Crowley. "Who am I kidding, he would never like me like that. I'm one misstep from being a demon, he's so straight laced while I like to cause trouble. He wouldn't even look my way if we weren't both angels." I said exasperated.

The demon next to me just sighed before hoping the other angel would show up already. "Just because you are more of a morally gray angel doesn't mean he wouldn't look at you. I mean look at me, I'm a demon and he talks to me." Crowley said, jestering to himself. " And trust me he does like you, talks about you whenever you aren't around." He said, trying to cheer me up.

"Yeah right, there is no way Aziraphale, the perfect angel who runs a book shop that is really just a cover for his hoarding problem, would like me. But it's whatever, I've resigned myself to watching from afar. I'm fine watching him light up every time he finds a rare book, or finds a new food he likes." I said in a dreamy voice. "Anyway I'm done talking about it, he should be here soon."

Just as I finished the sentence, said angel walked up to us. We both greeted him before checking in on whether any of us have heard from hell or heaven recently, thankfully not. After about ten minutes of quick catch up, Aziraphale stood up and turned to us. "Would either of you care to join me for lunch?" He asked with a bright smile.

I was about to decline when Crowley spoke up with a wicked smirk. "Oh I'm not in the mood to eat right now but our dear Y/n would gladly join you." He then pushed me off the bench towards the angel ignoring my glare.

"Well then, shall be off than Y/n." Aziraphale said as he reached for my hand. I hesitantly accepted it, not missing the thumbs up Crowley shot my way as me and the angel walked away.

As we approached the small dinner we had picked for lunch Aziraphale took notice of me being more quiet than usual. "Is everything alright? You've been oddly quiet." I could hear the concern in his voice as we took our sets.

I gave him a small smile before responding,"Everything is fine just feeling a little under the weather I guess." I said hoping he would accept the answer and leave it at that.

"Oh, are you sure you are up to getting food then, we could go back to the bookshop and I could make you a nice cup of tea?" The angel asked, making my heart swell and blush rush to my checks. "You do look a bit warm."

I silently cursed myself of course he would notice me blushing. I tried to think of an excuse. "I'm fine really, it's just a little warm. Let's just order." I watched as he let out a sigh before waving down the waitress and placed our order. I relaxed slightly hoping he finally let it go.

After about thirty minutes, we had finished eating and were now walking back to Aziraphale's bookshop. It was an awkward silence, I could tell he wanted to ask me about something but I wasn't sure what. As we turned a corner on to a less crowded street he stopped suddenly, I turned and looked at him confused. We were only a couple blocks from the bookshop, why did he stop all of a sudden.

"You're hiding something from me." He said out of nowhere, his tone wasn't angry but more concerned. "I heard you talking with Crowley before. I didn't hear everything but I could tell it was something about me because you ended the conversation saying 'he should be here soon.'. And I don't want to over step but if there is something you need to tell me please just tell me, I promise to listen. I'm really good at Listening." I could tell he was worried that it was something bad.

I froze for a second before walking up to him. "It's nothing bad, I just don't know how to tell you this." I said, looking away slightly. "Look, you don't have to respond now or ever actually, but I like you, a lot. And I know you probably don't feel the same but I just needed to get it off my chest. I love how much you love books, and helping people." I finally got the words off my chest hoping to at least still have one of my best friends.

There was a pause before he smiled at me and grabbed my hands. "How could I possibly not feel the same way? Yes you tend to go about things in a less than angelic way but that's part of what makes you so amazing. I love that about you, I love that I can talk to you about my rare books and you will listen, I love that you get along with Crowley cause let's be honest he's not the easiest to talk with. It's amazing to have you here. So I do feel the same, and never be scared to tell me your feelings. I am here to listen."

I just looked at him in shock. Crowley was right, Aziraphale does feel the same. I was at a loss for words but I settled on giving him the biggest smile I could before pulling him in for a hug. As I pulled from the hug, he placed a hand on my cheek and smiled. I knew that whatever came next, we would have each other's back. Little did I know that what came next was a very naked Gabriel who had no clue who he was or why he was here. This was gonna be fun.