The assholes we can't forgive

Y/n POV

After recent events me and Sariel eventually parted our ways to mentally recover from what just happened. I didn't feel like going back home or talking to anyone so I just went out on my own to my favorite spot where me, Elizabeth and Sariel had hung out before. I had grown to fall in love with this place, it's natural beauty is none like any other. The way the sunflowers and blossoms flow so gracefully in the air's gentle breeze. The way the leaves slowly fell from the trees and the waterfall felt similar to sound therapy.

I sat by the water grazing my fingers through the small slow moving waves. I noticed small birds landing by me to grab drinks of water from the glimmering pond. They seem so at ease and at peace with their lives, lucky birds.. I was so lost in thought that I failed to notice a familiar figure walking up to me, I looked over and it was that dick head that held a blade to my neck!

"You can't be serious.." I said in an annoyed tone and this earned a raised eyebrow and confused look from him.

Meliodas POV

I had been discussing the current war with Zeldris and noticed that woman again by the pond, is she petting those birds? Cute.. wait? What am I thinking? She's nothing close to cute, she's a goddess.

"Why are you here?" We both said at the same time. I rolled my eyes before returning to my conversation with Zeldris. Zel raised his eyebrow and asked about her. "You know that woman?" "Not really" I said coldly. I seen Zeldris start to chuckle "don't tell me that's the goddess with the huge crush on you?" I shook my head "please we both want nothing to do with each other" "if you say sooo~" he said this in a teasing tone before taking off to hang out with Gelda.

I looked at the goddess and noticed the birds flew away from her as I approached closer. "You scared them away, you ass." "Oops."

I seen the bandages on her neck, I almost felt kinda bad because those were there because of me and immediately attacking her. "How's that neck of yours?" I asked still keeping my cold careless tone.

"Are you asking because you genuinely care or because you want to further the damage?"

Geez, she's hard to talk to. I guess I don't blame her tho I can be an asshole. I sighed before showing my soft green eyes instead of dark purple hate filled ones.

She seemed to prefer this look over my other one. She still kept her stubborn guard up understandable honestly.

"Nice eyes."

"Thanks, figured you'd talk to me if I looked like this instead."

"Why would I talk to you?"

"Because your not like other goddesses I've encountered, I'm almost mesmerized by you. What's your name?"

I noticed a very light blush on her cheeks it was kinda cute. "Y/n." She answered, "I'm Meliodas." I said.

"I know, my friend talks about you a lot."

"Like I said before, sounds like your friend has a crush on me."

I noticed she seemed annoyed when I said this, she rolled her eyes coldly. "Yea she definitely does."

"Wow that sounded aggressive." I joked with a smirk. This earned a giggle from her. "Sorry, had a rough day. This blonde dude put a blade to my neck and now I have this uncomfortable bandage on my neck." I raised my eyebrow slightly smiling, "holding a grudge on me now are we?" She playfully nudged me. "Sure am asshole."

This woman is truly something unheard of, she may joke with me now but I still feel hesitation when she interacts with me. I definitely don't blame her for it tho, I attacked her and now all of a sudden I'm acting friendly- well friendly-ish towards her.

"Why are you being kind so suddenly to me?" She asked. "Like I said, I feel mesmerized by you, like I need to know everything about you and learn more about your personality and the way you are."

Y/n POV

This dude can't be serious right now. He attacks me and now I'm supposed to be nice to him? Bullshit, absolute bullshit. I really can't believe Elizabeth thinks this dude is the one for her, I don't see it. Though, his green eyes do draw you in, you could get lost in- shit what am I going on about!? Ugh this is ridiculous.

"It's sweet I guess of you to try and be nice-ish but I'm good, I don't befriend people who attack others, without proper reasoning"

I seen a smirk creep up on his lips.
"You say that now.."

Word Count: 805 words