The bonds we formed

3rd person POV

Y/n and Meliodas passed the time by laughing, teasing and talking of each other's differences and similarities. Seconds, turned into minutes, then hours until they both heard screaming and other war sounds from the distance. The two of them run towards the noise and behold, the sight of the holy war they both agreed they wanted zero interaction with.

"Everyone.. their all.." Y/n said this with such hurt and despair laced in her voice and Meliodas noticed this. They parted their ways only for a short time to search for any survivors or signs of life.

Y/n POV

There's no way me and that blonde were talking for so long we miss red all of this.. the other goddesses, oh how they must've suffered.. I wandered around seeing the sight of bloody wings and deceased goddesses. I desperately looked for my best friends hoping and praying that they were alive, they have to be alive right?

Meliodas POV

I wandered around beholding the sight of my dead comrades if I could even call them my comrades, I noticed a familiar figure. "Zel!" I called out. He turned around to meet my eyes. "What the hell happened while I was gone? I asked. "Things happened, things were said, good demons got hurt and killed. Bottom line, father isn't happy, he's killed the supreme Deity's daughter."

"Shit.." was all I could get out of my mouth, I looked behind me to see if I could spot Y/n and she was nowhere to be seen. "Looking for your girlfriend?" I glared at Zel who thought he was the funniest person on earth. "Put a sock in it." I said annoyed. "Don't think I've ever seen you so interested in a woman before Meliodas." I rolled my eyes and walked away to find Y/n, he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about..

I finally seen Y/n frozen in place, something was off about her, she stood so still, her wings effortlessly blowing in the breeze. I walked up beside her and froze, tears streaming down her soft cheeks, her eyes were bloodshot and in shock. I was confused until I looked ahead and a familiar dead body layed on the floor in a pool of his own blood.

Y/n POV

"S-Sariel.." I said so softly, before glancing to the side and seeing Elizabeth. I walked slowly towards both their body's and quickly fell to my knees in between their lifeless selves. Their blood coated my legs and knees but I didn't care. I cried into my cupped hands, I cried until it hurt, until no tears were left to cry, until I was dehydrated.

I felt a set of hands gently place onto my shoulders. "Y/n, they are at peace." I hear Meliodas say. No words could escape my lips, I looked at him, warm tears quickly running down from my eyes and bloodshot eyes that burned. "Their gone Meliodas, my only best friends are gone!" I said this as I got gently pulled to his chest, I cried my eyes out until eventually I fell asleep, it felt so good to drift into slumber, atleast when I was asleep and dreaming my friends weren't dead in front of me.

3rd person POV

Meliodas held the saddened goddess close before picking her up in his arms. The look of determination to defeat his father and bring peace to her mind was clear on his face. He spoke softly into the sleeping woman's ears, "I promise you Y/n, we may not be so close just yet but still I make this promise to you here and now, I will make sure you never shed another tear. Those bloodshot eyes will soon see the sunshine you love so much."

*Time skip 2 years after holy war has ended*

Y/n POV

After the events of the holy war which still haunted my mind, Meliodas informed me that the demon kind would be targeting me and him, the war may have ended but the real one isn't over just yet.. but while we still had some form of peace Meliodas introduced me to his younger brother Zeldris along with his girlfriend Gelda, she was a vampire, I thought that was pretty cool, didn't even know vampires were a thing.

Me, Zeldris, Gelda and Meliodas sat together by the same pond I spent my time with when my best friends were still alive, I got to know Meliodas so much more since back then, for a man who held a blade to my neck the first time we met, he's quite the romantic once u get to know who he is, though he's a perv, I strangely don't mind it.

"Y/n? Are you alright, your spacing out." I heard Gelda's soft modest voice ask me. "Sorry, I'm alright." I answered before noticing Meliodas chowing down on a fried fish that he had caught with his bare hands prior to us sitting together.

I hesitated being up this topic but I don't think I could sit there with just my thoughts haunting me anymore. "I've been thinking.. ever since the holy war ended those years ago, when will we finally have our time of peace and freedom? The demon king has kept us waiting long enough, I want his ass dead. I want back the peace."

This statement earned a gasp from Gelda and conflicted looks from Zeldris and Meliodas. Zeldris started to speak before Meliodas interrupted him.

"Well Y/n- he will be dead, sooner than you think."

Zeldris looked at Meliodas with a raised eyebrow. "So, we're going through with this?" Zel questioned to his brother. Meliodas seemed so sure and confident in his next answer, I'm not sure what he said but he whispered it in Zeldris's ear.

"I made a promise to Y/n those 2 years ago, I promised I'd kill our father and bring peace to her mind, never again will she shed another tear for as long as I shall live."

"I see.." was all that Zeldris could say. I decided I would change the topic and asked Gelda about her day since me and Meliodas were um.. busy doing uh.. ahem.. anyways..

"Well my day has been quite well Y/n. How about you? What have you and Meliodas been up to?"

Me and Meliodas blushed brightly and it didn't take long for Zeldris and Gelda to figure out what we had been doing for an hour and a half. Yes an hour and a half.

Life was good, for now.

Word Count: 1109 words