01.ㅤDwindling

Hani was never one to approach people

Hani was never one to approach people. Even if it were people she already knew, she always had a hard time reaching out to them, no matter how close she is with that person. That's why she's relieved to have a good friend like Sim Jake.

He's a senior of hers. Ever since she was a freshman, Sim Jake had taken good care of her— As a friend, of course.

Both he and Hani sat by the window seat of a café near their university. Quite coincidentally, they both wore a beige cardigan.

Hani clenched her teeth and dug her body deeper into the cushioned chair while holding her iced tea with two hands. "I'm honestly scared of Professor Donghyeon. He's giving me the shivers earlier."

"Don't worry about Sir Donghyeon, he's just trying to act all strict. Watch him warm up to you guys during midterms, haha." Jake laughed it off, crossing his legs along with his arms as he looked at Hani with adoration.

He won't lie, Im Hani is charming.

Jake took a sip of his iced americano, eyes never leaving Hani, who was too busy watching her surroundings through the window beside her. She was sipping on her iced tea.. Well, more like biting onto the straw.

Jake only chuckled, before looking at his own straw. Hani never failed to mesmerise him with how many similarities they have. He learns more and more as they hang out.

"Oh, also... How's your relationship with your boyfriend? I heard from a friend attending the same university that all of 'em are taking monthly evaluations next week. I seriously can't believe how strict their university is." He queried, eyebrows raising in curiosity.

Hani took a deep breath, flattening out her lips before exhaling audibly. "Even if he isn't responsive as much these days, we're still good."

"I get it, my boyfriend is attending a top university, he can't afford to fail. As I've always told you, Jungwon is so much of an achiever." Hani said with a proud smile, even though her heart harboured some baggage.

Last week, Jungwon had problems with money. The past few days, he also responded to Hani's messages late at night.

Hani is worried, she is uncertain of what's happening to the love of her life, and what problems he's facing right now.

But she concealed this worry of hers with a faint smile as she took another sip of her iced tea. Her eyes avoided Jake's, who unashamedly observed her.

His thumb and index finger played with the soft skin of his chin, smiling amused at Hani. "You know, I really adore your love for your boyfriend."