03.ㅤToo Much

Without hesitation, she hurriedly opened the door, but that very feeling instantly came after when the door finally revealed that it was indeed Yang Jungwon who knocked at her door and is now standing before her

The atmosphere was dense.

Hani didn't know what to do. Her heart yearned for his touch. At that moment, Hani just wanted to jump to her beloved boy and embrace his figure as tightly as she possibly could. But she also knew that's everything that Jungwon would hate right now.

....Still, what brought him here?

"Your roommate is Sunoo's blockmate, he overheard your call and she said you were sick, so here." Jungwon avoided Hani's gaze at all cost.

But when his hand came up to offer the plastic bag full of flu remedies, his eyes can't help but find its way into finding that sparkly orbs that he always died to look at.

Just like always, his heart melted. His mind screamed at him to just let everything go and become a candle to Hani's fire. However, his voice remained cold. There is no coming back after what she had done.

It was clear that he's still upset about what happened. Yet he cannot bear the thought of not having Hani in his life.

Even with how much Hani broke him, he couldn't find it in him to not become weak when it comes to Hani. She's the only key to his heart, and he's itching to be opened again, even if it meant tearing him to pieces

A bothering silence poked through their unsaid thoughts, taunting to be said just so it could leave. The longing in their eyes were evident, no matter how much they tried to hide it.

They both knew one another too well at this point.

"If you'll just stand there and say nothing, then I'll leave." Jungwon stated that he pushes his hand further so Hani would finally accept the plastic bag.

And she did, quietly. Tears brimmed her eyes, and honestly, it broke Jungwon to see her like this. But what could he possibly do? She cheated.

The moment Hani gripped on the paper bag, Jungwon turned his back on her. He did it solely for his sake, because he knew that a single step closer to Hani would break his walls apart.

"Yang Jungwon, don't you take another step."

No matter how strong Jungwon's walls were, it stands no fight in Hani's voice. Even his own body betrayed him for her.

And when he felt her arms around his waist, he knew his heart had already escaped again.

"I'm sorry." That was all it took. Jungwon could hear his heart crumbling from deep inside, his eyes blurry with tears. That's all he needed to forgive Hani.

"But don't take my sorry as an apology for cheating— Because I never did. I want to apologise because regardless of the truth, I know I've hurt you."

"You must be hurting so much, and I completely understand that— Which is why I'm so sorry, Jungwon."

Her head was buried on his back, and he could feel his shirt get soaked with tears. Even from behind, he could see how much Hani has cried. He could feel her silent sobs. "I swear with all my heart, baby... I did not nor will I ever cheat on you."

"I'm only yours. You are the one I love. So please trust me. Please believe me, Won." Hani pleaded desperately, not caring even if she looked and sounded so pathetic.

"I..." Jungwon trailed off. Somehow, he didn't even realize that tears were falling from his eyes. For him, it was a weakness to be shedding tears. Yet at that moment, he, too, didn't care if he was weak. Jungwon let it all out.

With his back still facing Hani, he faced the floor, watching as his tears painted circles. "What happened is probably the most hurt I've been ever since."

Jungwon smiled bitterly. "Not even the fact that my parents pursued work more than taking care of me bothered me this much."

"What happened was not alright." Jungwon was hesitant, but if he was going to say everything, he might as well have the guts to face Hani.

He turned around, and his sharp eyes softened the moment he gazed at Hani's crestfallen state.

"But I forgive you. And I guess.... I'm sorry too... for doubting you, Hani. I'm sorry that it had to come to this, just because I was jealous, that I didn't speak to you properly and that I didn't give you a chance to explain yourself." He poured his heart.

And each sentence earned a shake of Hani's head. She could not disagree more. "No, no. It's okay, Jungwon. I understand, I would be angry too at myself if I was in your shoes."

"Everything just coincidentally fitted into the narrative, no one is at fault. It was out of our control."

Those words were like needles piercing through Jungwon's heart. It hurts like hell, but it poked something in him that gave relief to his worries and other pains. Maybe it was a necessary pain— Something that was due in their relationship.

Jungwon's heart ached to hold his girlfriend in his arms once again, so he saved himself from more pain and follow what his body desired for. He engulfed Hani's figure into a tight hug.

Each moment lasted and it only caused Jungwon's arms to wrap around Hani's waist even tighter.

He's leaning down to her height, depending some of his weight to the girl. His head is now buried into the crook of her neck as he silently sniffled. "I love you too much to let you go so easily, Han."

"And I love you too much to not live without you in my life, Won."

Copyright©2023heatheringwithyouu

ㅤ