⤠𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

—— One of the things you learned when you decided to live with the Haitani brothers before is that you need will have someone to talk to every single seconds. Be it Ran asking you to get this and that, to Rindo walking to you and asking your suggestions and comment in this certain beat he made.

You lived with the feared Haitanis for half a year when you were in a hiding. The two willingly house you in when you ran away from your problems, afraid to be stuck in a spiral of darkness and be involved in anything illegal for the rest of your life.

Thinking about your life right now, you took a deep breath in and enjoyed the feeling of wind hitting your face. Ran was running his bike in a normal speed given that he doesn't want you to feel all dizzy and vomit again like you did that last time he gave you a tour around Roppongi. (He sped up intentionally to scare you.)

The sight of the surroundings passing by made you lean against Ran's back, feeling tired. It was all a familiar sight, but all your memories in this placed was filled with many negative memories. The only positive one is your memory with...

'Damn it. Him again.'

The thoughts of your childhood friend who was the only person who was ever kind to you throughout your darkest days always invades your mind. He was like a ghost who always hunts your mind, never leaving you for a day. There's never been a day spent without thinking about him and it stressed you so much, to the point that when you suffered another tragedy in your life in Kyoto, you decided to return to Shibuya despite the dark memories just to see him again.

"We're nearing Roppongi." Ran's voice passed through the wind and reached your ears, causing you to hum as a form of acknowledgement.

'I wish I could see him again.' You thought, remembering the horror you witnessed in Kyoto that made you ran back here in Shibuya without even planning it. Shaking your head, determination flashed in your eyes. 'No. I have to see him again.'

Arriving at the house of the Haitani brothers, Ran parked his bike into the garage before ushering you inside with a big smile, his behavior causing you to feel suspicious. Surely Ran couldn't be that excited to welcome you home? He wasn't that optimistic to invite you back in Shibuya before, preferring you stay away from the cause of your misery.

'He's planning something.' You quickly concluded, eyeing Ran suspiciously.

"What?" Ran saw the way you're looking at him like he did something bad, causing him to snicker. "You're not coming in?"

You gave him a deadpanned stare. "What did you do?" you even crossed your arms, raising an eyebrow.

"I did nothing." Ran chuckled, "Your attitude is getting feistier as you grow up, darlin."

"I don't believe you."

"Ouch." He placed a hand over his heart, acting dramatic yet still having that smile on his face. "You wound me, my darling. Don't you know that when it comes to you, I'm the most harmless man alive?"

"You and the word harmless can't exist together." You replied, before adding. "The only exception is when there's a 'not' in between."

Ran: "...."

The older Haitani felt his lips twitched at your words, suddenly having the urge to ground you for a day, no—for a week. Sadly, you don't ever listen to him when it comes to this kind of thing. He couldn't even get a hold of your allowance because he's not allowed to take control of that since you're an independent individual, according to you.

Glancing at him, you stick your tongue out and opened the door to enter. "Don't think I didn't know you're thinking of grouding me—"

Before you could even finish your words, the sound of loud popping nearly ripped a scream from you as you flinched, stepping back and staring inside with wide eyes. Various colors of metallic foil shaped in stars was falling down in front of your bright [E/c] eyes, and once those color fall down and dissapeared from your vision, you saw a grinning Rindo standing in front of you with a confetti in hand.

"Surprise!~ Welcome back, [Y/n]!" Rindo happily greeted you, unaware of the overwhelming emotions the bubbled into your chest as you faced the face of your friend who accepted you as his family, his younger sister.

You heard Ran chuckled behind you before feeling a pair of hands fall into your shoulders. "Go inside, darling. The surprise ain't finish. Gotta show you what I did, no?"

Being pushed inside gently, your eyes couldn't have widened more in shock at the banner placed in the middle of the living room. The silver letters that says "Welcome Home!" wasn't the only thing that touched your heart, but the words written in gold letters managed to make you tear up a bit.

"Welcome Home! Little sis!"

"Y-You guys..." Hesitantly, you look at the two Haitani who grinned happily at you. They obviously showed excitement and their smiles shows how happy they are to finally see you back after you were gone for two years.

Rindo walked over and hooked his arm around your shoulder, patting you on the head. "You better enjoy the food, Brother made it." The younger Haitani smiled and whispered. "I'm glad to see ya again, [Y/n]."

Wiping the tears that escaped your eyes, you laugh softly and nodded. "I miss you, idiot. I couldn't find anyone to argue in there."

Rindo rolled his eyes and ruffled your hair, causing you to whine. "Just tell me you miss me, you don't have to add anything else."

"Hey, you two. Don't leave me out, I'm also here." Ran complained, placing his arms around both you and Rindo's shoulder as he placed his head in between you both. "What're you two talking 'bout hm?"

"We're talking about Annabelle." You joked, causing Rindo to snicker.

"..." Ran deadpanned and muttered in defeat, "I hate you both."

"Sure you do." Rindo smirked, not at all taking it seriously while you laugh.

—-Ending of Chapter 02-—
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀