⤠𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

——Dinner ends, your happy mood gets broken a bit. Because apparently, you were tasked with washing the plates. Who actually likes washing dishes?

Not like you complained. After all, the two welcomed you at their home and allowed you to live with them, permanently if you want. The two were kind enough to accept you, the least you could do is help around the house.

"So..."

"Ah!" A scream nearly escaped your lips as you flinched. Thankfully you didn't accidentally broke the plate as it slipped out of your grip and fell into the sink, "Bro, the fuck?"

Turning around, you glared accusingly at Rindou who rolled his eyes as he walked over at you, leaning against the tiled sink as he stared at you, stating calmly. "That ain't my fault."

"It's half yours." I said, picking up the plate and continued washing it. "Do you need something from me?"

"Yes."

You paused, not at all expecting Rindou to say he needed something from you. After all, you just asked that question randomly. Letting go of the plate, you turned to him, brows furrowed with worry. "Yes? What is it?"

Rindou stared at you for a while before stating. "Is everything alright?"

“What do you mean?” Emotions flicker in your (E/c) eyes as you evade his stare, returning your focus back on the plates as you turn the tap on, letting the water quickly wash away the bubbles from the dishwashing soap. “Everything's fine."

“Really?”

“Of course.”

“It doesn't look like everything's fine—”

“Then don't look.”

“...”

Rindou stared at you, speechless. He took a deep breath, repeating inside his head that you obviously need some emotional help and that for now, he could tolerate your sarcasm. Yes he can. He will—

“I wanna push your head in the waters sometimes, you know?”

Who is he kidding? Of course he can't. Rindou almost face-palmed at his words.

‘Fucking hell.’ Rindou felt like he should've read a manual called: 'How to comfort someone' because right now, he's obviously failing at what he wanted to do.

Thankfully, you're used to Rindou's way of speaking. With a scoffed, you raised your feet to land a kick at his leg, which he avoided because you're too obvious doing it.

“How about I test how hard the plate is on your head?” You mumbled, and Rindou stared at you first before you both ended up laughing.

“Yeah, you can try if you can.” Rindou muttered softly.

It was silent after that. The silence was putting pressure on you since it has a tint of awkwardness lingering in the air, like an ammonia that could suffocate anyone.

Being indulged in such awkward silence was genuinely frustrating to the point you started forming ways on how to bring up a topic but couldn't because you felt like those aren't a good start of a conversation.

Fortunately, it didn't last long because Rindou shattered the silence by speaking first. You were about to feel a hint of relief, but that soon vanished when his words were full of questions you don't know how to answer.

“Why did you come back?”

You glance at him, “What? You don't want to see me again? I thought you missed me.”

Rindou runs a hand through his hair and sighs, “Don't act stupid. You know what I meant.” the younger Haitani crossed his arm and peered at you worriedly, “You said you ever want to come back here. For you, Shibuya is basically hell because it reminds you of the bad memories you wanna forget.”

He doesn't wish to remind you of those bad days you experienced, but Rindou doesn't know how to properly word his sentence without bringing it up. After all, you were the one who told him that.

“So... Why did you come back?”

You bit the inside of your cheek, contemplating. Should you tell him? Rindou viewed you as his family, but why is it that you can't open up to him? Why don't you feel like it's right to tell him?

Maybe because oftentimes, those who you cherished often betrayed you.

You remembered the words or your friends the moment you opened up to them. When you told them you could forsee a dark future, they all burst out into fits of laughter, not at all believing your words and branding you as crazy.

The Haitani Brothers aren't the same.

But you can't help but feel apprehension and fear. In the end, you choose the option that is best to be described as safe: vague honestly, a mixture of truth and lies.

“I came here to see...an old friend.” you stated softly, while Rindou looked at you, surprised appearing in his eyes.

“An old friend?”

As far as Rindou could remember, you never onced mentioned having a friend or anyone else. The younger Haitani assumed that the two of them are the only people you know in Shibuya.

“Who is it? How come you never mentioned them to us?” Rindou couldn't help but frown, thinking of the worst.

Perhaps this friend did something bad to you that caused you to never mention them? Or perhaps they're dangerous?

Chuckling, you answered. “It's someone I've met when I was still six, Rin. I almost forget him, really.”

Lies.

Not once have you forgotten him.

Every single night, he haunts your dreams like a persistent ghost that no exorcist could solve.

“Huh? So it's what, a childhood friend? Why are you meeting them if they're someone from that long ago?” Rindou hummed in amusement, “What if they already forgot you?”

What if they already forgot you?

Your irises shrunk at the thought of it. Closing your eyes for a moment, you opened them and turned to Rindou, smiling without any confidence.

“I'm sure he hasn't forgotten me.” You stated with a stiff smile, “I mean...if he really did forgot...”

Then what? What would you do if he forgot?

You don't know yet.

Feeling bothered by the fact that the person you can't get out of your mind could easily forget you, you excuses yourself to Rindou.

“I-I'm done washing the dishes. I'll be taking a shower first.” you said as you walked passed him.

Rindou watched you leave, his eyes full of ponder. You're definitely hiding something, and Rindou could only hope it's not something bad.

—-Ending of Chapter 04-—
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀