⤠𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

—— The night has descended. For the first time, you weren't eating alone. Laughter filled the dining table as Rindou and Ran joked around with you, enveloping the silence with warmth and life.

Currently, Ran was telling you one of the embarrassing moments that happened to Rindou while you were gone.

"...it was really hilarious." Ran grinned, looking at Rindou as he retell the story without caring about the fact that the younger Haitani was glaring at him. "He was so scared he ran away and couldn't enter the kitchen for weeks."

"Huh?" You blinked your eyes, feeling a bit dazed because...what was he talking about again? You weren't really listening, too much being immersed in your own thoughts.

"S-Sorry, I was a little bit distracted." You mumbled, feeling a bit conscious. You knew Rindou and Ran wouldn't get mad at you for such little thing, but years apart made you a bit unused to their presence. You forced a smile, "What were you saying again?"

Seeing your reaction, Ran raised an eyebrow in confusion and opened his mouth. He was about to ask you what's wrong when he felt a not so gentle kick on his leg, causing him to hissed and look at Rindou with an unamused stare.

Rindou gave a stern look at his older brother, silently telling him not to ask or say anything. The younger Haitani turned to you, and ignored your confused stare at them.

"Don't worry about it. Just enjoy the food, it's rare for brother to cook these days." Rindou stated calmly as he motioned to your untouched food with his eyes. "He made sure to cook your favorite."

You looked down at your food. Gyudon, a quick meal often seen in restaurants around Shibuya where you used to live. It was...a meal that brings you lots of memories.

"O-Oh..." Feeling emotional, you couldn't form words to express what you feel. Or more like, you couldn't really tell what you feel. Often times you don't really know what you really feel because of too much emotions. "Thanks, Ran."

Ran hummed, pretending he noticed nothing as he nodded. "It's nothing. I missed cooking, really. We usually eat outside so often I almost forgot how my cooking taste." The older Haitani grinned and used his own chopsticks to chew a piece of beef, swallowing it and humming in delight. "Well, it still taste amazing as always."

"Amazing my ass." Rindou mumbled, putting food on his mouth only to choke when he felt a kick on his leg.

"Fuck." Rindou cursed, curling his fingers tightly on the chopsticks because of the pain. 'Karma is a bitch.' he thought, shooting a glare at his older brother. "The fuck did you do that for?"

Ran smiled menacingly, "Oho~ my.cute.little.brother. Were you saying something about your Big Bro's cooking, hm?"

Ran's voice was soft and gentle, loving even. However, let's not lie here because everyone, especially Rindou, knew that his brother is obviously trying to threaten him to retract his opinion.

If there's one thing Rindou feared, it's his older brother; Haitani Ran.

Shivering at the gentle smile of his older brother, Rindou was quick to change his tune. "I-I...Of course you're cooking's the best fucking food in the world!"

"That's what I thought." Ran smiled like an angel as he put food in his mouth, humming in delight at the taste of his cooking.

To be honest, Ran's cooking isn't that great. He can cook---No. He needs to be able to cook. After all, despite the fact that he is a delinquent, a murderer even, he wanted to be able to give Rindou an even better life than he could. Yes, he did involve Rindou in his life, even pulling his younger brother in the murky waters and even killing someone, he engraved it in his heart to care and take responsibility for his younger brother.

The very reason why he learned cooking if for Rindou, and the very moment was when his younger brother fell ill and he couldn't possibly allow his brother to go out while sick.

Therefore, Ran was proud of his cooking.

'So...even someone like me could also feel this homely feeling.' Ran thought as he watched Rindou coaxing you to eat. His younger brother beamed in excitement when you smiled, and it shows. Ran could see how Rindou see you as his younger sister. The way Rindou proudly announced your return; his sister's return.

It was such a warm sight. So homey, so comfortable, so...

"Ran!"

The eldest Haitani blinked his eyes in surprise at the call of his name. He looked at the two younger kids who stared at him with curiosity. One pair was of the shade similar to his own, while the other was a color of (E/c).

"What got'cha thinking?" Rindou asked, and you tilted you head as you munched into a piece of dumpling, staring at him. Your eyes conveyed a similar question Rindou asked.

Ran stared at both Rindou and you, and smiled. "Nothing. I just thought you guys look ugly."

Rindou's eye twitched, "The fuck?"

"Excuse me?" You stated while munching on your dumpling.

Seeing the reaction of you two, Ran grinned and chuckled. "Just eat. You both better fucking finish every single food I cooked."

Rindou and You glanced at each other, before you both rolled your eyes which earned you both a smack at the forehead by the smiling Older Haitani. It filled the table smiles and warmth.

—-Ending of Chapter 03-—
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀